“My favourite place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fratelli Del Mare - CLOSED

Fratelli Del Mare
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cronulla, Australia
“My favourite place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place is my favourite local place. We regularly dine here and i can never pick fault with their meals. A must to try you wont be dissapointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Best Italian Restaurant in Cronulla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food are very tasty. Have been eaten here many times and we were dissapointed. Ingredients are always fresh. We loved the multi course dish on Tuesdays (?).

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Spatzen2011
Oxford, New Zealand
“Great Place Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We are from New Zealand and visited family recently, who took us to this restaurant for an evening meal. The food was superb one of the best places we have ever been to. The service is excellent and the staff are attentive and friendly. Top of our list for places to eat, even better than our favourite local restaurant in New Zealand.

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“One of the only good restaurants in Cronulla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great food, great propriators who care and know about good quality food and great services. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
“Average dining experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I went for dinner last night. As a starter we had Mussels Al Pomodoro ($15). The dish consisted of about 12 mussels in a lot of tomato sauce (which lacked a bit of chilli in my opinion), and because of this we had to order extra bread ($6).
For the main course, I had Linguini Alla Marinara ($32) which had quite a bit of seafood, but I was stunned by the lack of salt (good pasta needs salty water to be cooked in), and I am still trying to figure out why would a seafood pasta with tomatoe sauce have a slice of lemon on top. My wife ordered King Prawns In White Wine Sauce, good flavour, small portion.
Since it was my wife's birthday, I had organised for the waitress to bring a dessert with a candle on top, it was good but they could have at least sang Happy Birthday (I have been at birthdays in restaurants all over the world, and somebody from the restaurant always sings Happy Birthday).
We brought our own bottle of wine and only paid for decorkage ($6).
In conclusion, as an Italian, I was quite disappointed by the food lacking flavour and the staff lacking interest for the patrons.
I don't think we'll be going back soon

• 2 of 5 bubbles