“Don't bother with the lunch special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Summer Salt

Summer Salt
Reserve with
Summer Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Don't bother with the lunch special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Dont' have the lunch special, it is average, all meals were forgettable, fish and chips on the beach with a view just as good is better, disappointing.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fred M

Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great position great food knowledgable and helpful staff. Very special.
We had a table in the main window and a waitress who could describe the food properly.
Well done oh, and accessible too.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank M9MOX
Sydney, Australia
“Good Service, food was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had dinner at Summer Salt last night. It was a last minute booking and we were seated the furthest from the window which was understandable. Our waitress was very attentive asking us if it was a special occasion. I am wondering though what would have happened if we had said yes. My husband ordered the Kobe Wagyu beef ($65) and I ordered the Barramundi with pork belly ($38). I was told the beef was not served hot and by the time my husband got through it , it was cold. It also came with about 9 thick cut chips and nothing else. Sides were extra. My barramundi was nice. It definitely went a little overboard with the salt run on both the fish and the 3cm cube of pork belly. The pork belly may have been a little overcooked though. We both had the souffle ($29) with toffee and cinnamon ice cream. I found it delicious but my husband said his was too sweet (his preference not necessarily a bad element to the dish.

It wasn't very crowded and the dimmed lighting provided a nice atmosphere. However the lights did keep dimming and brightening so I am not sure what went on with that.

I would recommend it to other people for special occasions but with the high price tag I couldn't see it as a regular place to eat unless you did the set menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Katiec8805
Melbourne, Australia
“Our trip to Sydney”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice set out and lovely view, good service, That's where it ends. Too highly priced, average food. Went away very disappointed. Chocolate fondue had no chocolate sauce, and when we complained no comment or apology. Definitely would not return.

• Visited March 2013
“Good food, nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food here is extremely good. I had Dukkah crusted prawns with avocado mousse and harissa mayonnaise for entrée, Crispy skin snapper fillet with smashed salad of peas, mint, zucchini, fetta and pinenuts for main & Chocolate fondant with vanilla bean ice cream and honeycomb crunch for dessert, great value at $68. It's part of the group set menu so the whole table has to be involved - check their website www.summersalt.com.au. I don't quite understand why but them's the rules. I am not quite sure what the sweet treat was that was served with the coffee, it tasted like pear but was a Turkish delight texture, it was way too sweet, even for me. A nice chocolate truffle would have been better.

The venue is right on Elouera Beach so if you're lucky enough to get a window table you get some lovely views of the water, sailing boats & surfers. It was an overcast day but it was still spectacular.

I recommend this restaurant for special occasions, we were there for a special birthday, so I think a complementary drink for the birthday girl would have been a nice gesture.

• Visited April 2013