“Great meal with some not so great service. ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cronulla, Australia
“Great meal with some not so great service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I decided to try Duck Republic and were fairly impressed. The meals were delicious, starting with panini and oil, and olives on the table were a nice start with a glass of wine. I had the steak and my partner had the fish. I felt a little awkward when our meals were brought out and the waiter just assumed I was having the fish and my boyfriend was having the steak, put down the meals and walked of leaving us to have to awkwardly swap plates. The main meals were delicious and packed with flavour, and although reviews said quality not quantity, we found the sizing perfect. I was a little annoyed asking for another glass of wine to have one waitress forget, but then to ask another waiter, he forget, even delivered our meals and not remembered, only to realise halfway through our mains that I was still sitting there trying to get his attention for my glass of wine to enjoy with my dinner. Out of the three staff on the floor, one seemed fairly attentive, the other two just kind of forgot about us, despite is being in the middle of the room. Finished with dessert, the chocolate flourless cake was fabulous, a nice light but sweet end to the meal. We left satisfied from our meals but not over stuffed.

I would go back for the meals but not the service. All in all it had a nice atmosphere, delicious food and great wine.

1 Thank kaytemc

Sydney, Australia
“quality not quantity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want a feed to fill the hole this is not it. The food is reasonable size but packed with flavour. The service was excellent and the location on a warm night terrific. Will be back.

Visited May 2014
Woolooware, Australia
“Great food and service, just what Cronulla needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

As a local it is great to see restaurants of this quality in Cronulla, the service was excellent it is nice to see staff that are happy and smiling and look like they want to be there and serve their customers, the food was as reported beautiful and fresh. My wife and I shared an entree of Balmain Bugs which was a lovely starter and for mains I had the Confit Duck which I thought was beautiful my wife had the Steak which a little on the rare side of medium but was the way I would have ordered it, we also shared a desert "Ohhhh Chocolate" all I can say is "YUM" a great way to finish, all in all a great experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Definately worth checking out the food here is amazing and if you are into quality fresh produce the duck is the place to be. Highly recommend. The staff are wonderful as well.

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my partner for valentines day. Fresh salted bread with olive oil as an appertiser. Bread was gorgeous! Mains - barramundi for me, steak for him. Both were full of flavour but a little overcooked. Dessert of salted pecan pie was the stand out dish of the night. Also had the cheese plate - a little pedestrian. All in all, a good night food wise. The staff really made the night. Excellent service, really friendly. I'd go back, but it's not on the top of my list.