All reviews great location cronulla beach buffet breakfast local restaurants ocean view staff were very friendly nice spot see pic double sinks red radish afternoon drink nice balcony fabulous views central location good size coffee table higher floor
Reviewed May 16, 2017

A pleasantly appointed Queen sized refurbished room with a balcony and gorgeous view overlooking Cronulla Beach. The package included a delicious buffet breakfast in the bright spacious restaurant. Reception and restaurant staff were professional, attentive and very friendly. The hotel is in a perfect location close to to shops, cafes, restaurants, cinema, clubs and the beach.
The only negative (very minor) was the television was in the middle of the room on the wall with the bed on one side and the sofa on the other so wherever you sat you had your head turned the whole time you were watching tv (the tv could not be moved).

Room Tip: If you would like to see the beach and sit on a balcony request an Ocean View Room
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynM278
James H, General Manager at Rydges Cronulla Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Hi Lyn,

Great review - thanks for the feedback, I will certainly share it with my team.

Regarding the TV - I can 100% promise you that all of our TVs are on swivel brackets so they can all be moved and adjusted to face whichever direction you wish.
Great for those movie nights under the covers or even watching footy games from the balcony.

Next time you stay please let us know and we will get someone up to the room to give you a hand.

Cheers

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Stayed here in 2010 and so knew what to expect. Great location, clean comfortable room, amazing views of the beach. Very pleasant staff. Not sure about the name change but everything else was great. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 100763joanna23

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for the review - new name, new look & a new concept! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Eventhouse Cronulla.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

I spent 2 nights in a standard hotel room.
I arrived a couple of hours early and was able to check in at lunchtime which was appreciated.
It had a beachy theme with colourful casual furniture in the sitting area and bright tiles in the bathroom. The balcony offered fabulous views of the ocean and fresh air in the room.
The location of the hotel is directly opposite the beach and restaurants and casual dining is within walking distance. The hotel has a restaurant on site, and I did have a light breakfast on one of the mornings after exchanging my room servicing for a $10 voucher. The breakfast options were fairly standard. Parking attracts a fee, but on street parking is metered and there is not a lot available.

As a PGR member I did receive a 10% discount and a free drink on arrival.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business

Hi SodaTravel,

Thanks for the informative and nice feedback from your recent stay here at Eventhouse Cronulla. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay especially the amazing views from the balcony.

I look forward to welcoming you back to 'the shire'

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Stayed at the Eventhouse for two and a half weeks with my family to attend my eldest Son's wedding. We had a fantastic stay and the service and facilities were great. The room was always kept very clean and the attention to detail by the room maids was first class. The breakfast service was excellent. At some times the food on offer was low in quantity but they always replenished with freshly cooked food. The view from our suite was to die for and I will definitely will be visiting again. Thank you to all from the Eventhouse for making our stay so good. One minor gripe was that the shower room relied on natural ventilation and it took a while for the steam to clear when you had a shower. It could do with some form of extraction.

Room Tip: Top floors offer the best views
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Clive100000

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the positive review and sharing your feedback on your recent stay here at Eventhouse Cronulla.
Point noted regarding the ventilation in the bathrooms, they don't have extraction fans as such so I apologise for the slight inconvenience on that front.

I look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the newly named Eventhouse Cronulla (formerly Rydges) on 24th April. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left everything was perfect.

I was actually greeted by name by the lovely Shae at reception on check in, who was so friendly and welcoming. A perfect start to a perfect stay!

My room on 11th floor was stunning. Very fresh and new and the view of the beach and all the way out to sea and south were incredible. It was so hard to leave the balcony even for a minute.

The hotel is located right next to Cronulla beach and also Cronulla mall which has everything you'll ever need. There's an IGA about one minute walk away and every type of food you could ask for, all at your fingertips.

The train station is approx 10 minute walk through the mall.

The hotel has an outdoor pool and spa but I didn't get to use it. Next time!

Buffet breakfast was just lovely. The restaurant was very fresh and modern and the food was absolutly delicious.

I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back!

Thanks Shae and Eventhouse Cronulla!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol S

Hi Carol,

Love the review, love the comments and specifically the 'shout out' to our Shae, she is a superstar and we are lucky to have her on our team. I will pass your feedback onto her and I know it will make her stay.

Next time you come back make sure you are around between 5pm-7pm as we are now doing Happy Hour(s) 7 days per week. $6 drinks - can't go wrong at Red Radish or Eventhouse Cronulla.

We will see you next time.