“Food was very nice but service was terribly slow”
Review of Banyan Tree Thai

Banyan Tree Thai
Ranked #47 of 149 Restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a hard one to comment on because the food was very nice. Maybe a little pricey. Service was really really slow ! After about 30 minutes we had to call them over to order etc. Then each time we wanted drinks, again, we had to call them back. We even had to ask 3 times for the bill! In the end we went up to the counter to pay and found the bill was wrong.

Tips if you wish to try this restaurant, BYO drinks, don't wait for them to serve you-call them over when you are ready and double check your bill.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went with a friend for dinner last night and was disappointed with the service. The young man that was taking order was unfriendly and taken wrong order. We ordered two Tong Yen Gong as entree but received only one. He borough out the soup together with the main. The reason was some customer liked entree and main served together? It was the job of the waiter to ask the customer especially when you ordered two dishes each. Not happy. Food is average as we'll but very busy for a Thursday night at Cronulla.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I ordered from Banyan Tree Cronulla this evening (5/6/13).

My family and I spent over $150 and picked up our large order at 6pm.

When we had returned home, we noticed that 1 x royal fried rice was missing.

I called your number and was advised by a young lady that it was "too bad".

I then asked if a serving of the rice could be delivered asap as we had previously paid for it.

She told me she was the Manager and this was "not her problem".

I then said it should be her problem as she is losing a regular customer.

She then swore at me and I then decided to give up and hang up.

This is the most DISGUSTING service I have ever received.

If this is really how you manage things then I wish you luck.

If this isn't and you have an employee who treats their customers like this, I suggest you have a closer look at your staff.

You have now lost a loyal customer who will be informing my family & friends about this terrible service.

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very tasty Thai food, loved the ambience of the restaurant. A little on the pricey side, but no complaints about the food. Would definately go back there and [have] recommended to friends

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was hit and miss here for us. Two of the dishes and the entree were nice, but one of the dishes was not good. If you do go, don't get the masamun curry - the beef was very chewy and had an awful after taste.