“Good Thai, the best in Cronulla”
Review of Banyan Tree Thai

Banyan Tree Thai
Ranked #54 of 147 Restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went here last night after having tried several other Thai restaurants at Cronulla, which had been disappointing. The service was excellent, and they were able to place me outside where I wanted to get a view of the ocean. The food was also good. I had the chicken with cashew nuts in chilli jam, jasmine rice and 2 bottles of Coke which equated to $26.

Only downside is they have a minimum of $25 for use of credit card or EFTPOS, and had to buy an additional Coke to make over the minimum charge of $25. This is a little bit rich considering some people may be strictly on a budget and most places these days do accept $15 to $20 as a minimum.

There are newer reviews for Banyan Tree Thai

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went on a Monday night with a couple of friends and had the best Thai food. The salmon bites for entree were amazing and the curry puffs were just sensational. The place was packed out and I am not very surprised as the food was excellent. The only thing and it was only a small thing was that the empty plates were on our table for quite a while after we had finished, but then they were extremely busy, so really not surprising. We had a great time catching up with old friends and really enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went here for the first time on the weekend with friends and we were expecting amazing food. The food was only average at best as was the service.

The masaman curry was a little bland and the meat used wasn't very nice. The potato in the curry was also a little undercooked. The curry puffs were not very nice but the Diamond Bag entree was very nice and made up for the disappointing curry puffs.

The service was very slow and we overhead people behind us complaining as they had asked for the bill multiple times and still not received it.

I don't think I would go out of my way to eat here again but the ambience I have to say is nice.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Groovy little place, indoor/outdoor. Nice decor. Quick Asian service. Food was so tasty and fresh. A lot of hit and miss restaurants during our recent trip to Cronulla - this was the best. Really funny sign over the bar. Would love to upload it but not probably appropriate - now you will have to go just to see what it says!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Definitely the best Thai experience in Cronulla if not Sydney.