Cremorne Point Manor
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$151
$102
  • Room Service
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
$95
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Pool
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
$100
$94
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
$122
$115
Orbitz.com
$116
Autograph
$473
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$168
$138
$315
$277
  • Restaurant
All reviewscircular quaybreakfast roomstreet parkingferry rideshared showerresidential areasingle roomboiled eggsquiet locationbeautiful harbourthe penthousebreakfast includedopera housestayed here for one nightsmall kitchenfirst floorcomfortable bed
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff are super helpful and friendly, very welcoming. Our room was room 26 very comfortable, good size and nice view from window of harbour (though would encourage the shrub to be pruned for even better views). The spa bath in the room would not hold two people which is a shame for those looking for a romantic weekend, though a bottle of wine was provided which was thoughtful. Flat screen tv in room is great, the king bed was two singles joined but was comfortable. The walk to the ferry is about 5 mins down slight hill and it is a beautiful walk through the gardens and then wonderful views of Sydney harbour. The staff also allowed us a late check out till 11. Breakfast was cereals and toast, but was sufficient and the dining room was modern and clean. Cost of taxi from city was $32. I read what others said about other rooms downstairs being squashed and small but from the rooms we could see into I am baffled as to the comments as they looked comfortable and whilst not huge, were definitely not crammed or uncomfortable. I would definitely recommend this for accommodation if you are ok with staying out of the immediate city, though the ferry ride is just 5 mins away.

Room Tip: Room 26 was lovely, just the spa is like a normal bath, not good for those wanting to share with partner.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This little hideaway is very close to city ferries but hidden in a quiet leafy street. Rooms are small but functional. Street parking was no hassle and saved on normal exorbitant Sydney parking charges. Breakfast was continental but fresh and personal service was great. Definitely worth considering

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear "ANZman",
Thank you for your kind review. I note that you are a top contributor and as such I truly appreciate your positive review. I will also be sure you share your comments on the personal service with our staff. We are a small hotel and take pride in providing a lovely stay to all our guests. I'm also glad you didn't find parking a problem. we also now have a single garage, but as you noted. some city hotel's charge as much for parking as a room in our hotel. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I read some reviews of this Manor before booking and a was a little hesitant due to people complaining about room size and lack of parking. I have been pleasantly suprised to find my room is a decent size (upgrade to a Queen Ensuite if you can, its not much more than a Double). The room looks freshly renovated and modern, very clean with a very comfortable bed and great rainshower. It's of the standard you would expect from a good mainstream 4 star hotel.
I got a rockstar park out the front. Maybe it was my lucky night but I was scanning the street as I got closer to check for backup parks and had my eye on at least 2 available nearby.

What I especially like is that they dont scam you for every single extra like most chain hotels do now. Free internet, free phonecalls (although most locals wouldnt need this) and free breakfast! I really don't know how people can complain, this is a great value hotel.

Good Points:
- Beautiful location and very quiet at night
- Modern, clean, decent size room (I can only vouch for the Queen Ensuite) with a rain shower.
- Free internet! Free Breakfast! (can't rate the breakfast as I'm a night owl and will miss the cut off).
- Great value for money.

Bad Points
- Breakfast closes at 9.30. Would be good to extend to 10.
- I can't fault anything else so far!

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a Queen Ensuite if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alacazam
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear "Alacazam"
Thank you soo much for your detailed review. I honestly appreciate the pro and con list. It's clear you researched the manor and our prior reviews, however I especially appreciate that you noticed how we don't add on lots of charges. I dislike when often a hotel bill has more additional charges than the room itself. We feel that once you have booked a room, everything else should be part of the service.

I also appreciate your candid room description. We simply mark our rooms by size, the larger the room the larger the bed, ie king bedrooms are the largest. We are unfortunately stuck in the fact the building is heritage and so we can't expand any way. I do agree that Queen rooms are just that little bit bigger for not a large cost.

finally I note your breakfast extension time. Due to staffing and checkout we can't usually extend the breakfast during the week, but most weekends we are a little more relaxed and if you happen to arrive at 9.35 we obviously would ensure you had time to enjoy your breakfast.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

we stayed at Cremorne point manor for 16 nights and really enjoyed our stay the staff are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. A warm welcome on our arrival and lots of helpful advice,at first I felt dissapointed with the room they can be slightly small but my wife assured me it was fine and I grew to love the room and would not hesitate to book the same room again.
Elly and Steve do not overwhelm guests but are polite friendly and offer advice if needed,the hotel feels like it is in the country with wild cockatoo's flying around (which Steve loves to feed) and lots of places to relax on the verandah and at the front of the hotel. the breakfast fills you up for the day ahead and although continental style you wont be left feeling hungry. The walks close by the views of Sydney and the ferry basiclly at the bottom of the street made our stay even more enjoyable and after a day sightseeing in the city you will be glad to return on the ferry to the tranquillity of this hotel.
we would not hesitate to stay here again and will certainly do so next time we visit Australia if in doubt you only have to see how many people are returning guests when staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff54_12

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your review. Any guest that has spent 16 nights with us is almost like family and we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. Elly and Steve are very appreciative of your kind words and yes both of them love to feed 'Cocky', much to my dismay as he tends to also chew on the heritage balcony timber. Nevertheless it's quite a site to see a wild cockatoo walk into the office and essentially demand his feeding.

Thanks again for the lovely review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a quite and restful place, but a drop kick from the ferry and twenty minutes from Military Road. The reserve path is brilliant for a quiet stroll or a jog, and the little harbour fed pool is just the best thing ever - to refresh in the morning, or at the end of a busy day. Fantastic showers, good breakfast, lovely verandah to sit on and enjoy the view, and chairs at the front to relax on. Quiet area, no road noise at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pilliongirl
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear "Pillion Girl",
Thank you for your lovely review. I have never thought of trying to 'Drop kick' from the manor to the ferry. I suspect it takes a better footballer than myself, but yes we are close by.

We are very pleased you enjoyer the walks and the 'secret' pool. The locals keep taking the signs down to stop the word getting out there, but it's one of the most lovely ocean pools in sydney looking straight at the opera house and city.

I also appreciate your comments about the veranda and the peacefulness. Its something that is prized by us and many of our guests, we are so close to the city but also a million miles away. Sometimes if she wind is blowing in the right direction you can hear Lions, elephants or monkeys. Yes in Sydney. But they are fortunately living in Taronga Zoo just over the bay.

We look forward to your return and thank you for your lovely review