“Beautiful Location”

Cremorne Point Manor
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful Location”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Manor. The room was perfect, we had a queen room overlooking the front of the property, very relaxing. The staff were very friendly exceeding our expectations of what we expected from the accommodation. The breakfast included in the price was a bonus, excellent quality in a perfect setting. The general cleanliness throughout the Maonor was impressive. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable, can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jcbranch, Owner at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear June,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of the Cremorne Point Manor. We are always very happy to hear about our guests and their experiences. You mentioned the friendly staff . This is especially kind as every one of our staff has worked at the manor for many years and we all strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful and relaxing experience. As for the breakfast We do pride ourselves on our free continental breakfast.

Thanks again for writing the kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor soon.

JC Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wow!!! I could not believe it...this accomodation is by far the most enjoyable I have experienced...the ambiance and most helpful staff at Cremorne Point Manor...was superb. My husband & I were there for only a few days...but it felt like weeks...it was so relaxing, quiet and close to everything we needed. It was just one day after our 24th Wedding Anniversary...We meant to purchase a bottle of wine, however we forgot...so my husband enquired where the closest liquor store was...he replied with " too far" and a few minutes later he came to our room with a lovely bottle of wine and chocolates...We were blown away by the hospitality...it was just delightful to be there. Our room was a king room on the second floor with a lovely view of the harbour...it was beautifully clean and most comfortable...We cannot fault this lovely gem.
Cheryl and Steve...Brisbane.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jcbranch, Owner at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Cheryl and Steve,
A most sincere thank you. your review is very kind. On behalf of all the staff at the Manor are very happy that you had such a wonderful time. I am also glad that we were able to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable so you could enjoy your 24th wedding anniversary. I hope that we see you again in the future and possibly we could organise a bottle of champagne for your 25th wedding anniversary.

Jean-Claude Branch
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was our third stay at the Manor, and would never consider staying anywhere else in Sydney. We love the ferry ride to Circular Quay, and Sydney's public transport system means we can easily access the places we want to see. The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming - the added touch of the wine and chocolates for our silver anniversary was lovely, thank you. The surrounding walks, the view across the harbour, the quietness in contrast to the bustling city, all add to the reasons why we will always chose the Manor. We always recommend to our friends, and some have visited and are in agreement. See you next time!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Sue,
Thank you so kindly for your lovely review. We are all so happy that you enjoy the manor and love to come back. I am in absolute agreement, There can't be a better way to enjoy sydney than by taking a 10 minute ferry, past the most iconic building in the world (well I'm a little biased but you can't take a ferry past the Taj Mahal). I digress. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality of our lovely staff. We have all worked together for many years and love to ensure that every one of our guests is treated like family. We sincerely look forward to your return to the Cremorne Point Manor.

PS we are glad you enjoyed the wine and chocolates and happy anniversary from everyone at the manor.

Jean-Claude Branch
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently travelled to Sydney with our 2 year old daughter and was recommended to stay at this guest house by family friends. After looking at different hotels we were pleasantly surprised by what this guesthouse had to offer. We booked a King size room with en suite bathroom. Obviously the rooms are small, especially because we had to fit a cot for our daughter as well in the room. We were impressed by so many things - the friendliness form the staff checking in, the qquality of the beds and linen, the included breakfast and also the internet. The guesthouse is in a really beautiful area with a stunning view over the water towards the city. The ferrie stop is a few hundred meters away, and the walk there is really pretty.
There were plenty of dvd's to watch in the room, as well as story books. There is a small kitchen and a lounge area for use for the guest - so perfect for children.
The only downside to the area is the lack of restaurants or even shops very close-by. But luckily we could order home deliveries from the restaurants so it worked out pretty well.
Definitely a good option if you are travelling with children and need more than just a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MS1979
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear MS,

Thank you for your kind review. It is always wonderful when a guest takes the time to write about our hotel. I noticed that you stayed with your 2 year old daughter and appreciated some of the little things like the kitchen etc. I also have a young daughter (similar age) and often it's very difficult in hotel rooms and hence we try to provide everything that we think anyone may need. I'm also pleased you enjoyed the DVD collection (I hope you saw some of the family favourites ).

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to your future return.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great little hotel in a wonderful old Federation house.Location was perfect, nice quiet suburb but only a short hop on the ferry across to Darling Harbour. The room was clean & well equipped & en suite looked to be recently refurbished. The continental breakfast included in the room price had plenty of choice & was well presented. This is probably the best value for money you will find this close to the harbour. I would definitely book here again in preference to the larger chain hotels

Room Tip: Go for the harbour view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Rob,
Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review. We truly appreciate when a guest takes the time to write a review and especially when they thought the hotel was 'a real gem'. I am especially pleased that you thought us to be great value for money and better than the large chain hotels ( as we are a small family business), and can't compete with the marketing of the large chains. However we feel we have everything they have with the added benefit of personalised service.

We look forward to your future return to the Manor.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I came to Sydney for 3 nights. I was going to stay in a single room at a backpackers in town till I found Cremorne Point Manor. I am so glad I stayed here. It was so much calmer/quieter and better price than a single room at a backpackers.
The room all tho small was more then big enough for me, my stuff and all my shopping. The wardrobe was 3 doors wide, with one door opening to shelves, the others to rail and the bar fridge/kettle/milk/tea/coffee. Shelves up top had plenty of extra blankets and heaters in case needed.
I was upstairs in one of the single rooms with shared shower.
The bed was more comfortable than the one I have at home. I wish I could have taken it with me. I loved he little toiletries. A nice little extra I wasnt expecting. I kept the spare soap to keep as a reminder of my stay. There were plenty of towels on the door which were lovely and soft. The shower was just down the hall and looks like it had been done up not too long ago. A lovely hot shower with plenty of pressure.
There was a great little kitchen nook upstairs which was great to re-heat my dinner after wandering around all day. A computer in the sun room ment I was able to check directions before leaving to were I was heading for the day. And of course the laundry out the side to wash and dry all my clothes since it rained the entire time I was in Sydney.
The ladies working there were great. I got laundry powder and some dvds to watch quietly at night. Breakfast supplied there is fantastic to get you going. I loved grabbing a piece of toast to eat on the way to the ferry. And it wasnt just your normal load of bread from the supermarket but good bakery style bread.
The birds did wake me up each morning but that was nicer than an alarm clock. I wasnt there to stay in bed all day.
I did get a bit lost working out which street I needed to get there. My cell wasnt connecting yet so I couldnt look up the instructions I needed. "go straight or go right up the hill after the ferry?" lucky there were some nice people living there who pointed me in the right direction.
If I ever come back to Sydney I will defiantly be coming back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear 'Dallandra_NZ',

Thank you for your kind and in depth review of the hotel. I also especially like your photo's (the one of the toiletries is very good- I'd like to think we laid them out that nicely but i suspect you may have made them a tad neater).

I am so glad you stayed in our little annex rooms instead of a backpackers. We are definitely not a backpackers but during winter our rates are really about the same price. Your review is thoughtful and gives a great idea about the place. We do take pride in our hotel and especially I think the annex rooms are one of the best bargains in sydney. I know restaurants in town that charge more for a steak than the room cost. However I digress.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return the next time you are in Sydney.

Cheshire
Reviewed May 11, 2012

stayed here a while back and can heartily recommend it, dont think I have ever forgotten the exceptionally warm welcome, spotless and comfortable rooms, and the help yourself kitchen. my children still go on about it and if we ever do return to australia this would be the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sootyandpebs
Dear 'Sootyandpebs',
Thank you so much for your kind review. We all really appreciate when guests take the time to write reviews for our hotel and especially when they comment about our hospitality. Something that we are very proud of. Also I am pleased you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel. This is definitely something I care deeply about and I want to ensure the hotel is as clean as the best of homes. Thanks and we hope to see you again at the Manor next time your plan to come to australia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cremorne Point
Rydges North Sydney
Rydges North Sydney
#6 of 9 in North Sydney
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection

Been to Cremorne Point Manor? Share your experiences!