“Good dine-in experience”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I have been meaning to dine here for months and weren't disappointed. The food was delicious - we had butter chicken and beef vindaloo as mains, and both were full of flavour. We particularly enjoyed the butter chicken. Naan was cooked fresh and service was timely and friendly.

Only drawback would be the price. We spent nearly $80 on two people, without buying drinks (just corkage for BYO). The atmosphere is pretty good though, so helps justify the price. We had a table by the window and it was nice to people-watch and enjoy the fresh air.

If you're looking to enjoy a dine-in dinner, this is a great choice. The atmosphere is relaxing and enjoyable - it really doesn't feel like you're typical Indian take-away.

1  Thank Courtney L

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I visited last night with my work colleagues as the restaurant was recommended. We are staying a Narrabeen and this restaurant is only a few minutes drive. We had various dietary requirements to work around including gluten and dairy free as well as vegetarian and non red meat eaters. We area difficult bunch to satisfy!!!We were all able to order delicious meals that did not make us sick.

Amongst the meals were Colombo fish curry, Mary's vegies curry, chilli scallops, spinach fritters, garlic naan. I had the fish curry which was very tasty but certainly not hot which suited my delicate tum. We were very well looked after and were able to order quickly. The atmosphere was relaxing and the restaurant was clean.

A famous Sydney celebrity chef was seated next to our table with his family. I had a chat to him and he commented how much his family love the food at Rupee room as well.

So we will definitely return in few months when we are back in Sydney for work.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wow Wow Wow !! Thats what i can say for my surprise 30th Bollywood Birthday Party at Rupee Room my husband arranged a couple of weeks ago.
We arrived at the Restaurant around 8pm and I was pleasently surprised to see some of my friends sitting there and I soon realised that it was party my husband had sweetly arranged and I soon found out that it was a Bollywood night at Rupee Room.
Well we were were greeted by the host and looked after by ever so friendly polite friendly waitresses ,dressed in indian bollywood style attire,our drinks arrived and we were served an amuse bouche which was veg and herb balls with a delightful sauce, followed by 3 amazing starters and 3 delightful mains ,it was an amazing feast of flavours the best Indian food I have ever tasted.At 9pm the Bollywood dance startred ,3 amazing dancers dancing to the indian bollywood music,it was a lot of fun,the dancers involved the guests and even I had a go at dancing,it was soo much fun,once the dance concluded we were served with home made Pistachio Icecream. My friends and I had a great time. The best Birthday ever.
I am going to the next Bollywood in May.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I consider Rupee Room not only one of the best indian Restaurant but probably one the best Restaurants on the northern beaches,.I have been a regular for 10 yrs now.
The food is always fresh and innovative with menu changing all the time,the ambience is good with very friendly staff and owner. Its not your regular curry house,its a fine dining Restaurant on Collaroy beach ....very reasonably priced for the service and food..

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Owner should not have allowed us to order 2 x onion Bhajis..too much an for $23 to get a tiny bowl of chicken was average to say the least. No atmosphere and a rip off, slow and when I complained he did nothing to acknkoledeg. The Indian further up is better value with more atmosphere.