“What do you want?”

Bellagio By The Sea
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was not for a holiday. Needed accommodation at Collaroy with enough space not to be falling over each other for two adults and a child. The two bedroom apartment was excellent. We were upgraded to ocean facing unit on ground floor. This comes with court yard which was great with small child. Reception times are somewhat limited but arriving out of hours was no problem. Secure parking is a must in Sydney's overcrowded beach suburbs. Location to shops and excellent restaurants does not get any better - not to mention the miles of beach across the road. Would not hesitate to recommend Bellagio or to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Di C

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Bellagio is positioned wonderfully looking over the Ocean.

We stayed in a two bedroom penthouse room.

The Pros:
The upstairs entertaining area is fantastic and has a top class view. It's large, spacious and well set up.
Bathrooms are wonderfully luxurious with double shower heads and decked out in what looks like marble.
The apartment was light and airy.

The Cons:
The lighter for the bbq in the upstairs entertaining area was busted so we had to run off to the shops to buy a lighter.
The carpets were horribly stained, we're not talking a few flecks in the corner - we're talking large obvious stains the size of a medium sized pizza!
Service and reception is somewhat 'ordinary'. Don't expect resort style service and attention.

All in all I'd probably choose somewhere to stay for a special occasion but if you're looking for somewhere to crash for the night with the intention of just chilling out at the beach then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The worst accommodation that I have EVER had the displeasure of staying at- threatening comments from staff when the room was not what was paid for, unmade beds, dirty linen & glasses.

I genuinely struggle to find words for how disgusting this place was.

Save your money. Don't even consider it.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Annlua
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My parents had booked this place for our wedding night as a surprise. First mistake - they rang me (instead of the contact number mum had given them) and ruined the surprise.

Then we were told we had to email them a copy of our ID and credit card details as we would be checking in after hours (Their definition of "after hours" is 6pm!) I refused to email credit card details as I've had them stolen recently & don't trust email/faxing a copy of my credit card. Jono the manager was so rude and unhelpful, he even stated that we might trash the room & then he'd be out of pocket - basically accused me of being a criminal! I have never ever experienced such poor customer service. He was not helpful in providing alternative options for me at all, was arguing with me and told me if I don't like their rules then don't stay here, he even hung up on me. I was in tears and did not want to stay at this hotel if this is how rude their staff(and even the manager) are! So we cancelled the booking as I didn't want my wedding night ruined by horrible memories of dealing with the arrogant rude manager!
I'm surprised they are still in business if this is how they treat their customers!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shells_198
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here on a Groupon deal over Australia Day (we paid for 2 additional nights to make it a 4 night stay) and can say that while it was a great 'entertainment' venue - the service was extremely rude and our apartment was dirty.

On arrival, the manager 'Jono' was rude and abrupt - certainly NOT traits of someone who should be working in the hospitality industry.

We were having some friends over for Australia Day and the plan was to sit up on the beautiful rooftop terrace, cook a BBQ and listen to music - well, that was an effort considering the speakers up on the terrace weren't working. Luckily, my partner who works in the electrical trade, was able to move a speaker up from downstairs. He was shocked at how poor the wiring was, not to mention the live wires that were just dangling out of the wall.

He tested the speakers for 15minutes while I was at Woolworths and I received a smart-alec call from the manager, Jono, informing me that there had been a noise complaint as well as "a group of guys just walked into your apartment". Firstly - I found it hard to believe that the music was blaring seeing as there was an 7 month old baby there and secondly - we are entitled to have friends visit, so what's the problem if a group of guys DID just walk into our apartment (they didn't, it was next door). When I explained this to Jono, his response was "well how about I just go up and check again, shall I?"

We asked for a port-a-cot on arrival and were told that they 'should have one' (despite us calling the day beforehand and were assured there would be one we could get on check-in) - needless to say, we never got one.

The bathrooms were dirty, one of the tiles in the middle of the floor was split in 2 and a friend nearly cut her foot on it.

The doona's on the bed didn't even have a doona cover on them - they just had a sheet on top and one on the bottom! The TV in the master bedroom was barely mounted, looking like it could fall off the wall any second.

I am so glad I didn't pay full price to stay here, I would've been much angrier if I had.

Overall - beautiful views and conveniently across the road from Collaroy Beach, but save your money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank c_walt84
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have just returned from our weekend at the bellagio by the sea & are already planning our next stay. From beginning to end the receptionists service was nothing short of outstanding. Our penthouse room was fantastic & views to die for.
Thanks again to the bellagio by the sea for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is a dump! If I could give it a -10 I would!
I booked for my wedding preparation and first night and what a mistake. The staff were so unbelievably rude and unhelpful from the get go. The hotel is filthy!! I can't stress this enough, carpet and walls are disgusting I was embarrassed to have my friends staying in such a tip.
The DVD and tv were there for looks only as no cords in the back and even after requesting them from the rude staff we were told "when we find time we will look" 2 days later NOTHInG!

The pool area has so much chlorine that as soon as you step into the room your eyes start watering.

I had mistakenly book other family into this dump and saw there rooms which were worse! Very VErY embarrassing.

They certainly don't miss charging you for what ever they can, charging for parking here is a joke! When I had booked for a late (1hr additional) checkout on arrival I was advised that I would now have to pay another day if I wanted it. REDICULAS!! It's not like there is a cleaner who comes through the rooms anyway.

Do not stay here!!! I can't stress it enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Katrina K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collaroy Beach
Manly
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific

Been to Bellagio By The Sea? Share your experiences!