“You get what you pay for.”

Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookvale
Nelson
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We booked the Travelodge through Booking.com after reading that the motel offered access to a pool and gym. We could not find either, and inquired at reception to be told there was no pool or gym and no access to one. When we arrived the receptionist was extremely busy but very polite. I had booked a room with a king bed and we were given a queen, but this was rectified quickly. The air conditioner was very rattly but we fixed it with a cotton makeup pad. In all, the room was sufficient and the cheapest we could find. We were told though that we would not be able to walk to where our family lived, but this was not the case at all.

Room Tip: There is no pool or gym!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel P, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear FoxyLoxy025,

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

I would like to apologise for the miscommunication from the reception team, who advised you that we did not offer access to a pool or gymnasium. I can confirm that the hotel has a partnership with Premier Health & Fitness which is located opposite the hotel in the Manly Leagues Club, and is available for guest use at $16.95 per visit.

I was pleased to read that when you arrived, even though the team member was busy at the time, you found that they were polite. I was concerned to read that you had booked a room with a king size bed and received a queen sized bed instead, please accept my apologies for this and know that this is definitely not the level of service which we pride ourselves on.

I would also like to advise that our Maintenance team are investigating all air conditioners in the hotel, and resolving any issues which are found immediately.

If we can be of any further assistance or you would like to discuss your review further then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel on +61 2 8978 1200

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Not much more to say after my previous reviews of this Travelodge.
Check in/out was efficient and I was able to stay in the same room after needing an extra night in Sydney.
It does seem that some guests need to know exactly where this place is situated before they book. The rest of the northern Beaches don't come close to the value of this Travelodge.
Its not glitzy - its not pretentious - its functional & comfortable for the price - the removal of smoking in the courtyard is a real plus.
My one continuing problem with this venue (as there's not much to do around Brookvale especially at night other than watch TV) is the antiquated TV & remote system - if there is one thing management could do to help guests it would be to upgrade those items.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear broadbeachboy,

Thank you for your review in relation to your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

I was pleased to read that you found checking into and out of the hotel efficient and that the team were able to assist with keeping you in the same room when you required an additional night in Sydney. I have passed these comments onto my team.

I would like to advise that we are currently looking at improving the TV & remote system which is currently in place, and hope that by your next stay these changes have been implemented.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent service and good rate early in the week that I found on wotif. Foxtel reception wasn't the best but overall very good. Having to pay 10 bucks for outside onsite parking is a bit rich though.

Dear MickMeMate,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay and good rate at the hotel. We are currently looking at ways of improving the Foxtel reception which is received in all guest rooms, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity again to show that we have improved this.

If we can be of any further assistance or if you would like to discuss this review further, then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel on +61 2 8978 1200.

Brisbane
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel does not deserve 1 star as some before me have done. It is not a bad place to stay. It was satisfactory (2.5 or 3 stars). Would I stay here on a romantic getaway? Definitely not! Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Pros: Had a good night sleep, room was clean, not a bad location and habitable.
Cons: Staff (or at least one of them) seriously are clueless. The twit who checked me out charged the room to my credit card and not my company's credit card, even though it was written all over the statement to charge it to my work's card with written authorization.

While this hotel is about a 2.5 star experience, it is better than 1 or even 2 stars. Be fair people. They need to fix up their bathrooms. The room was tired looking and starting to look dated. The shower desperately needs modernising.

Room Tip: Stayed in the king room. I wouldn't stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Daren36,

Thank you for your feedback, I was concerned to read your review.

Should you wish to discuss the issue at check-out further, please contact myself directly at the hotel on +61 2 8978 1200.

Sydney
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I wish someone had warned me before we checked in to this hotel. Upon arriving we asked if the rooms were clean, and we were met with an 'of course'. Well that's when we should have turned around and left instead of checking in. We were charged an additional $10 for parking which seemed a bit silly as it was just out the back of the complex with no security if anyone decided to access or steal you car. It also meant a reasonably long way to walk with your luggage, especially if you have a child with you - portacot and all that jazz.
We finally get everything in the room and hubby notices the coffee table is dirty (sticky cup marks). I don't think too much of it until I go to get a plate from the cupboard. They are filthy. Look like they have never been washed. I'm not normally one to complain, but as I went downstairs for some more items from the car I just thought I'd mention it to reception. They apologised and offered to move me to another room. I accepted. I thought to inspect room number 2 before moving all our belongings. Yes it was cleaner, but there was a broken loose tile in the shower where my daughter may hurt herself. This was meant to be a 4 star hotel right?! So we didn't move. I told reception and they offered me to try another room. Really? I didn't bother.
Things didn't get better. The bed is the squeakiest bed in existence. Waking up my daughter every time we rolled over. I ended up sleeping most of the night on the sofa! The room was noisy from the hoons outside. Suggest double glazing the windows! The shower had something broken off and rusty in there. The shelf/screen separating the shower to vanity was mouldy and the corners of the room were dirty. We were even left a pubic hair to enjoy!
Not happy here at all. Disgusted we actually paid for the room. Would have preferred to sleep in the car or on the beach. Spend the extra and stay at the manly pacific

1 Thank sticky441
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay with us.

It was so disappointing to read the issues you had faced during your stay and I have personally spoken with the team to follow up the details.

Today I left a voice message on your phone to also speak with you directly and I hope to hear from you soon. It is important to me that this matter is addressed as your feedback is very important.

Once again, thank you for your time and I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you.

Kindest Regards,

Rebecca Patterson
Relief Hotel Manager
Travelodge Manly Warringah
+61 2 8978 1200

Travelers are raving about these Brookvale hotels

Perth
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The manager, Peter, is rude to the point that we packed up and left one night early after paying for the room out of disgust after he insulted us. The bathroom was also filthy and there was a foul odour coming from the shower drain. The room was exceptionally noisy. The water had no pressure whatsoever. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank Dionnekelly78
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Dionne Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.

As mentioned when we meet yesterday, we truly wished you have could stay with us and it is my hope that we can get in contact today to discuss any of the issues you have raised that I was not aware of.

The comfort and service given to all our guests is so important to us which is why I would like to ensure this comments are investigated.

With the kindest of regards,

Rebecca Patterson
Relief Hotel Manager
Travelodge Manly Warringah
+61 2 8978 1200
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a good value place to stay if you are attending an event in the northern beaches area, right next to Brookvale Oval (though it is 5km to the nearest beach). This Travelodge delivered exactly what was expected - a comfortable night's sleep with everything you need, and no frills. Staff at check-in were friendly and helpful answering my many questions about how long it will take me to reach all of our planned commitments in Sydney traffic.

We had interconnecting rooms so the children could be in a separate room. Each room had a kitchenette with microwave and fridge. There is a grassed area out the back where the kids could run around and burn some energy.

The restaurant only served breakfast (buffet). The buffet had all the "standard" items, though I think the food quality could have been a little better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookvale
Central Business District
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#99 of 179 in Sydney
Chinatown
Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central
Darlinghurst
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney

Been to Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney? Share your experiences!