“Not Impressed”

Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookvale
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I hesitated in writing this review, but after receiving a luke warm acknowledgement of my complaints to the Duty Manager at the time, I am writing with regard to my dissatisfaction.
We have stayed at the Manly Travelodge on 2 previous occasions ( choosing this Property to be near Family living in Sydney) those stays were nothing special to say the least, but the last stay "Took the Cake".
We know the room sizes are small, but hasnt been a concern to us as we are out & about all day, This last trip however the bed seemed to be uncomforable & upon investigation, I found there was no Mattress protector under the sheet, & the Bathroom was not cleaned properly with hair in the handbasin & on the floor. In the morning I tried to ask the Cleaner on Duty to rectify the situation, but was greeted by the shrug of the shoulders, not understanding me, (English). We decided to go down & have breakfast & spreak to Reception about this after we had eaten. As we arrived at the Buffet, we were greeted by the "Cook" abusing the several Asian Tour Group Guests who were at the Buffet, she then proceeded to tell me "those people,have no idea & just make a @#$% mess everywhere !" She didnt say it to me in confidence, but at the top of her voice, so all could hear her. After breakfast we spoke to the Duty manager, who seemed non plussed, telling me "Oh yes, we have had complaints before" ?????? Although our Room was cleaned & the Bed made properly that morning, it was too late to convince us these were isolated incidents.
I am in the Hospitality Industry, & have been for 25 years, We have always respected the Travelodge(Accor) Brand, but I cannot recommend this property to anyone, & would be horrified to think other Guests are treated & spoken to in this manner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kp00
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Kp00,

I would like to thank you for your review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was dissappointed to read that your stay at the hotel had a number of issues and would like to discuss this review with you over the telephone.

Please contact myself on +61 2 8978 1200 to discuss this review further.

Travelodge Manly-Warringah

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

upon arriving after the red eye from perth we were meet by a rude and rushed concierge. not only could they not confirm our 3 day booking he said he was to busy to sort it that night then proceded to charge us 10 extra for parking as there is no parking nearby. We went to our floor and were over powered by the smell of fresh paint fumes it was almost to much the wife had sore eyes from it after bearing this our room was a tiny room nothing in the fridge no milk for the coffe by the kettle and only two cement pillows i could go on but all round we found it terrible and for 220 a night i would have rather a backpackers and saved 100

also when we had buffet breakfast every morning the food was very avg and the staff very loud could not enjoy our meal in peace i would recomend to no one and advise anyone never to go travel lodge chain is permanently off the list of places to stay for our lifetime

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank skoutos

Dear Skoutos,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was concerned to read that you were met by a rude and rushed team member who advised you that they were busy and could not assist you.

The hotel has recently had all corridors and public areas freshly painted, I would like to apologise for the overpowering smell which was experienced and your wife getting sore eyes. I have forwarded your comments on about no milk being in the fridge when you arrived to our Housekeeping Team who has advised me that this was an oversight on their part and they send their apologies for the inconvenience.

In relation to the issue you experienced in the morning with the Buffet Breakfast, I have forwarded these comments onto the Food & Beverage Team and would like to apologise for the team members in the kitchen being loud and not allowing you to enjoy your meal.

Please rest assured that the comments you have provided have been discussed with the team and that this is definitely not the level of service which we pride ourselves on at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if you would like to discuss this review further on +61 2 8978 1200.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I could have been mistaken for thinking I was staying at Fawlty Towers. I was given the keys to my room on the third floor and duly went into the room......... only to find money on the side and bags / clothes in the room. I returned to reception and they realised they had given me someone else's room (a good job I'm honest and didn't steal anything!). They gave me keys to another room so off I went again - this time the keys didn't work. Back to reception to get the keys reprogrammed. Tried again and still teh keys didn't work. The only way to get into my room was to ask reception to let me in. They couldn't give me another room as the hotel was full. The room was very basic with old tiling in the bathroom and a shower door that didn't close fully so water escaped when you had a shower.
The TV only worked by using the remote if you were within 2 feet of it and you could only turn it on / off on the TV itself. POicture quality was poor.
The only good thing was that the bed was very comfortable but I was woken three times during the night by other guests shouting and banging doors, meaning the insulation of the rooms was also poor.
Definitely will not return !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pieter B
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Pieter B,

Thank you for your recent response in relation to your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was concerned to read that you were given keys to a room which was already occupied by another guest in-house. I have spoken with my team in relation to the matter and would like to re-assure you that this matter has been dealt with accordingly.

I would also like to apologise for the issue which you experienced with your door lock and the keys not allowing you access to the room. Our Maintenance Team have checked all door locks in the hotel and have since rectified issues relating to guest keys not allowing access, they have also gone to all guest rooms and have fixed issues relating to TV remotes and picture quality.

I was also concerned to read that you were woken up during the night by other guests who were in-house, I have addressed this issue with our team members to ensure that they can resolve situations late at night whilst other guests are sleeping in the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if we can be of any further assistance to you on +61 2 8978 1200.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Superb staff, who really DO KNOW what to do. Comfortable quiet rooms, well maintained and clean.

What a find. If you're after a good room and a new breakfast restaurant with everything you could want hot or cold, then this is the place for you.

Truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear xoz,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was pleased to read that you found your room inthe hotel to be quiet, well maintained and clean.

I was also pleased to read that you found the team at the hotel to be superb and that they knew exactly what to do. I have passed this feedback onto our team at the hotel.

The new Breakfast Restaurant has recently been refurbished and I am glad to read that this was able to offer you items which you were interested in.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel on +61 2 8978 1200 if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

At 11.30pm on a Friday night we cancelled our second night at Q-Station and rang in desperation. We were booked in over the phone efficiently. Arrving here was a huge relief, reception staff were pleasant and friendly. Room had all amenties we expected plus a few extra like iron and ironing board. Rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped. Comfy beds, no noise from outside, inside or other guest. Secure carparking and free wi-fi. Breakfast buffet had everything you could think of and more. Pricing was quite reasonable and though this is not 5-Star accommodation we were pleasantly suprised and got quite a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: We were on level 3 and faced the carpark but no street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Kerry-Glen,

Thank you for your comments about Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was pleased to read that my team were able to assist you whilst you were in desperation looking for a room after cancelling your second night at Q-Station.

I have passed your comments onto the Team here at the hotel about the pleasant and friendly arrival and the efficient booking which was done over the telephone at 11:30pm. I have also passed on your comments about the clean room to our Housekeeping Team.

I agree that the hotel does provide a secure car park for AUD $10.00 per stay and the hotel provides 15 minutes worth of free WiFi in the breakfast lounge. I agree that the breakfast buffet in the hotel has a vast selection of items for guests to choose from.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future on +61 2 8978 1200.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I picked this hotel as it was convenient For an event we were attending and on special over half the price of anything else in the area. Fortunately I did know that it was in a light industrial area and not at the beach. Desk staff were helpful and appeared interested in us They were also helpful when I phoned from interstate after our flight was cancelled to say that we would not arrive before morning.the room was adequate ,clean comfortable beds but furnishings and bathroom tired and in need of refurbishment.toilet paper ran out early and no spare roll. The TV remote temperamental. Overall value for money if you just needs a bed to sleep in and a shower but not if you are expecting anymore than this.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Promise59,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, the hotel is located in a light industrial area and only a few moments away via car to Dee Why Beach which offers a wide selection of cafes and restaurants.

I was happy to read that you found our team members helpful and interested, especially after your flight had been cancelled and were not arriving until the next morning. I will pass your comments on about the cleanliness of the room to our Housekeeping Team. I was a little disappointed to read that your toilet roll ran out and that there was no spare roll left in the room, please rest assured that this is not the level of service that the hotel prides itself on and has been discussed with our Housekeeping Team.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if we can be of any further assistance on +61 2 8978 1200.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was agreeably surprised with this hotel. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. It is a 5 minute drive to Dee Why beach which is lovely and has lots of cafes and restaurants. There is also a big shopping centre called Warringah Mall a 3 minute drive away. I booked through last minute.com and got a very good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard as they are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear MargaretMelbourne,

Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I agree that Dee Why Beach is approximately five to six minutes away from the hotel via car and has some great cafes and restaurants. The hotel is also located only a few moments away via car to Westfield Warringah Mall, where a wide selection of department stores are.

I was pleased to read that you found that the hotel was very clean and that our Team Members were friendly, I will pass your comments onto our Team at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

We look forward to welcoming you back for any future stays at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if we can be of any further assistance on +61 2 8978 1200.

Travelodge Manly-Warringah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookvale
Manly
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Manly
Quest Manly
Quest Manly
#1 of 13 in Manly

Been to Travelodge Hotel Manly Warringah Sydney? Share your experiences!