“Great Seafood And Steak”
Review of Petar's Seafood - CLOSED

Petar's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
The Angle, Nsw, Australia
“Great Seafood And Steak”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Situated on the Grand Parade overlooking Botany Bay, Petar's has upscale food in a low-key atmosphere. The fillet au poivre, the soft-shell crab and the grilled snapper were wildly different yet equally delicious. It is also a great spot for people watching through the window, as immigrants, surfers, children and young ladies cruising for Mr. Right in the nightclubs along the Grand Parade.

• Visited December 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Good Food with Generous Serves”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Haven't been to Petars since 2005 but after having read some of the reviews after booking I was slightly worried. But after going there last Saturday this is an old family restaurant with excellent food. The serves were quite generous and quite easily share an entre as it is substantial. The mains were as indicated with large serves and very fresh seafood with good old home cooked vegetables cooked to perfection.For a good seafood restaurant on the main beach area I thought the prices were quite cheap for the quality. I was really impressed after having been to other local restaurants with the same calibre. The decor could be improved, but location is perfect. Was surprised at the number of people not been there this night but that would explain the poor reviews by some people on this website.

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was disgusted by the way we had been treated from when we first entered.The so called owner didn't even ask us if we would like to be seated until I actually asked.I had had a booking and told this to the rude man and he just ignored me and proceeded to organise another table then when I asked another waitress if we could be seated then that rude man decided to organise a table without even putting cutlerly or serviettes!!!!! To make things worse the food was very salty and cold and my husbands so called 'fresh' seafood was anything but..I will never again visit this restaurant.I will also advice anyone to not waste there time eating at this pathetic restaurant!!!!!!!!!Its not even worth rating......

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 518alice
“Father's day lunch disaster”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Our booking was for 1.00pm on fathers day. At 3.00pm we were still waiting for our 3 Seafood Platters, while other diners who arrived after us were being served their platters before us. When they did arrive no-one was really interested in eating anymore. We were told they would be worth waiting for, but I beg to differ.Very disappointing. The 2 children on our table had ordered nuggets and chips and even they were still waiting at 3.00pm. As you can imagine, they were hungry and very unhappy and so were we. Thanks for spoiling our fathers day luncheon. We won't be back and we certainly don't advise anyone else setting themselves up for a big disappointment. Service was terrible and the seafood platters were not any better.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

There's a reason why all the other restaurants along General Holmes Dr & Bay St, were full and this one was empty!!!! There wasn't any service, other than to take our order which wasn't what we ordered anyway.

• Visited July 2013