2,116 results
All reviews botany bay seafood buffet outdoor pool across the road close to the airport king bed stayed here for one night brighton beach spa suite coles supermarket grand parade sydney novatel bayview
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Superior twin room with bay view
The only thing good about the room is the view of the bay.
This room is not superior with it's old fashioned and stained furniture. The beds move way too much and the bathroom is ugly and moldy.
You will not have a quiet, peaceful night if placed right above the bar and restaurant until after midnight. You will hear people talking and laughing and then the restaurant furniture will be dragged across the floor just to keep you awake as long as possible. Made two complaints to reception however there was no compensation for our discomfort.
Not worth the money we paid and will never stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
nsbb, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 775ericab,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that you did not believe that your experience here with us met your expectations! It is such a shame for us to have not been able to impress you with the quality of our rooms and facilities.

Having said this, we have entered an exciting next step which involves a room refresh and some brand new renovated facilities to our product here at the hotel. We would certainly love the opportunity to showcase these to you.

To address your noise concerns, we have a management team on site at all hours of the day for the purpose of implementing solutions to any issues our guests may encounter. I am sincerely sorry that your complaints were not handled in a proper manner as they should have been.

We thank you again for leaving your feedback, and it is our home that we can better accommodate your stays in future. Should this ever interest you, please feel free to contact me at anytime so I can personally ensure a much better experience.

Best,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I would like to start this review by letting you know that I am not someone for having champagne taste and beer budget. I travel often for business and leisure and know what to expect for the price I pay. I also dislike unnecessary whinging about irrelevant details, but my very recent stay at this property made me log back into my neglected TripAdvisor account. The taxi driver advised me on route that he does not like dropping guests at the Novotel, as no one comes out to assist with luggage. Sure enough, the bell boy was having a chat with the receptionist, saw me coming and...continued chatting. He attended to my two bags only after I had asked for assistance. I had paid $368.- for a Botany Bay View Suite. The decor and furniture looked like my great aunt's, who hasn't renovated since the 80ies.Wallpaper peeled of the walls in drapes, there is no sheer curtain on the bayview window - so everyone can have a good look into your bed- and the soft refurbishment that is currently underway does not come one bit too early.
After checking out the hotel info in the room that informed me that the Indoor pool and sauna is open until 9pm, I ventured there at 8pm. The guy that gives out towels said, "Sorry, the Sauna is broken and we close at 8pm" After I said that the in room description advises it is open for another hour, his words were "I know, it is so frustrating, we have been asking for a re print for 2 years". This, subjectively, has to be the most bizarre and unsatisfying Novotel experience I have had. I hope that this review will be a positive inspiration to it's management, i appears it is well needed.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Dunja G

Dear Dunja G,

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay with us here at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. It is with regret to hear that your stay fell below your expectations. We thoroughly appreciate your honest and genuine feedback as it encourages us as an establishment to continuously aim to improve and provide our guests with the best of what we have to offer.

As you have mentioned, we are currently in the process of a refreshment of our rooms and facilities which will in fact see changes in room layouts and decor. We too agree that this has been in discussion for a long time and are more so, even excited that this is finally in the works.

To address your concerns regarding the indoor pool and spa, we truly apologise that you were disappointed that these options were not available during your stay however we do have an exciting renovation for our steam room facilities where you will see a new and improved product! Furthermore, we will be making the necessary changes in room in order to reflect the changes to these facilities.

Your review is very much appreciated and moreover heard by the appropriate management teams who will be making improvements, effective immediately.

Best,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My family & I dined for Mother’s Day dinner at the seafood buffet- after a long absence. I was very impressed with the variety and quality of seafood that was on offer. Beautiful fresh Balmain bugs, lobster as well as king prawns. My husband enjoyed the fresh shell oysters and pipies. Great idea having a chef cook the seafood adding a touch of garlic and chilly to give it a extra taste.
If you like eating seafood- don’t miss this restaurant.
Desert bar was good- I liked the NZ ice cream selection- however would like to add that having some signs on the flavors would most likely save on a lot of waste- my 8yr old daughter mistook the rum & raisin for caramel and was very upset when she tasted it!!
The pastry seemed a little old - the pastry on the Italian cannelloni was not crunchy at all.
My children loved the fresh strawberries with the white chocolate fountain- their only complaint was - there should be two fountains- one with milk chocolate too.
Overall a great experience
Special mention to our waiter John who was very attentive and polite.
Will be sure to dine again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Angela33ajc,

Thank you very much for leaving your thoughts regarding your recent dining experience in our BayGarden restaurant. I will certainly be passing on your comments to the Kitchen and John as well for his fantastic service. We love receiving such amazing feedback as it serves as an encouragement to us as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our facilities.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

We had a lovely stay at the Novotel Brighton Beach...
I had stayed here many years earlier & had had a lovely stay...
However, after reading some of the recent reviews prior to my visit this trip I was a little concerned...
On arrival we were greeted by lovely reception staff... as we are Accor members we were given a lovely little gift bag to take to our room & offered a late checkout...
As I said, due to the reviews I had read I was still a little nervous about the room itself as we had booked a standard king room only... however, there was no need for concern, our room 1201 on the 12th floor was really lovely... well presented, very tidy, a lovely big balcony with partial views of Botany Bay, complimentary bottled water, a well stocked mini bar, super clean bathroom with bathtub (I was a little excited about the bath as I don't have one at home), but most importantly there was NO mould & NO damp smells or smells of any kind in fact... all in all the room was lovely... the bed & pillows were both super comfortable...
We had a very yummy buffet breakfast the following morning... there was absolutely nothing I could think of that had not been on offer for us... it was lovely...
The building is currently under renovation & there were some works taking place during our stay... these did not affect us in any way as they were conducted during very reasonable hours during the day...
I hope this helps others in deciding on a stay at the Novotel Brighton Beach...
We thought the location of the Novotel, its staff & presentation were all faultless...

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Trip50544756255,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review! We truly appreciate your thoughts and comments as we will certainly be passing these on to their respective departments. Guest feedback is the foundation of the success of our organisation and therefore we are overjoyed to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Furthermore, we would like to express our gratitude to you for your understanding during these times as we work on bringing a newer and better product to our valued guests! Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Ideal location where the staff make you feel at home. Swimming available for th kids in the outdoor and indoor pool or stroll across the road to the beach. Plenty of retaurants to venture too and only 35kms to the airport. We love Novotel Brighton

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
nsbb, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Dear Explorer596739,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review! Your comments and feedback are always much appreciated and I will certainly make a note to staff. It is such a pleasure to see that you love us just as much as we love having you!

Hope to see you again soon,