“Disappointing hotel”

Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had a very bad experience.
1. I arrived needing to borrow both scissors and a clothes brush for a few minutes; I was told neither could be provided. How can a 4 star hotel not have a clothes brush on the premises?
2. I got woken up the first night with an early morning wake up call at 430 am. I had NOT ordered this.
3. I tried 2-3 times per day to use the free PCs in the lobby. Only once was I able to get an Internet connection.
4. The room the conference lectures was held in was so cold my feet were like ice by the end of the first session. Others felt equally cold. It took to the third day to get the room temperature right. This greatly affected my enjoyment of the conference.
5. Three days after I returned home my credit card was billed $39, apparently for minibar items consumed. However I used NOTHING from the minibar.

This hotel is sadly lacking for a supposedly 4-star hotel. It is over-priced for what it offers and I would not stay there again. On a positive note, the lunches at the conference were exceptionally good - excellent choice of good quality food. Also the bed was very comfortable (but did not have an electric blanket which I needed to warm up my cold feet).

1  Thank kjm33
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. I have spoken to the executive housekeeper to ensure that we do have clothes brushes available should any guest require one. We have also checked that the temperature control in the main conference room is working correctly.
Thank you for your kind words about our conference food which I have shared with the kitchen team. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for another conference & you will see an improvement in our service.
Alan Burrows

Write a ReviewReviews (1,901)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped here overnight from Perth To Dallas.
Very close to Domestic And International Terminals.$20 taxi ride.
Great surrounding Restaurants and a Coles.
Big separate rooms for kids with a sofa bed.
Can't go wrong!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Given the cost of these rooms ($300 p/n) I would have expected a better quality room however I was disappointed. There was mold in the bathrooms, the wallpaper was peeling off from the walls. I wanted to watch a video from my media player but was informed that the TV options was locked however for an extra fee I could watch one of the movies supplied. The view from the room was nice however sound proofing would provide a better sleep.
The service provided by the staff was excellent however this does not change the fact that the hotel where I stayed was very very ordinary.
I would recommend that you avoid this place and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectation. We were pleased to hear however that you found our staff excellent. I have shared your comments about the general cleaning & maintenance with the relevant departments for their attention.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day conference and if I had it my way, I would have stayed elsewhere. Upon arrival, I had trouble managing my bags and was not offered any assistance with taking my luggage to my room. I then entered my room and found the decor to be very outdated and considering that it was $229 a night, I expected much more. Finally, I ordered room service and the order was stuffed up. Additionally, when the correct meal came, the food was of very poor quality and consisted of premade, not freshly made food.

1  Thank zomp416

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback about your room service meal has been shared with the food & beverage manager for his attention. I am sorry that we did not provide our usual standard on this occasion. I have also asked the front office manager to investigate the lack of assistance with luggage.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The rooms furniture is dating and could do with updating but overall value for money, the food was excellent. Service was very good. Would definitely stay again. Location is ideal, across from the water.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton le Sands
Metro Hotel Miranda
#1 of 1 in Miranda
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!