“In need of a makeover...”

Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Given the cost of these rooms ($300 p/n) I would have expected a better quality room however I was disappointed. There was mold in the bathrooms, the wallpaper was peeling off from the walls. I wanted to watch a video from my media player but was informed that the TV options was locked however for an extra fee I could watch one of the movies supplied. The view from the room was nice however sound proofing would provide a better sleep.
The service provided by the staff was excellent however this does not change the fact that the hotel where I stayed was very very ordinary.
I would recommend that you avoid this place and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectation. We were pleased to hear however that you found our staff excellent. I have shared your comments about the general cleaning & maintenance with the relevant departments for their attention.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day conference and if I had it my way, I would have stayed elsewhere. Upon arrival, I had trouble managing my bags and was not offered any assistance with taking my luggage to my room. I then entered my room and found the decor to be very outdated and considering that it was $229 a night, I expected much more. Finally, I ordered room service and the order was stuffed up. Additionally, when the correct meal came, the food was of very poor quality and consisted of premade, not freshly made food.

1  Thank zomp416

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback about your room service meal has been shared with the food & beverage manager for his attention. I am sorry that we did not provide our usual standard on this occasion. I have also asked the front office manager to investigate the lack of assistance with luggage.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The rooms furniture is dating and could do with updating but overall value for money, the food was excellent. Service was very good. Would definitely stay again. Location is ideal, across from the water.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thankyou for giving us a mermorable stay on such a special occassion. We not only attended a friends wedding but we also celebrated 17years anniversary. The price of our stay allowed us to share this day and night with our children

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Congratulations on your anniversary. We were pleased that we were able to add to your memories of this milestone.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent 3 nights here attending a conference and was really not impressed. Upon check in I was told I'd been upgraded - that sounded nice. Upon entering the room I was greated with a very stale, musty smell. I really couldn't be bothered having to relocate so opened the balcony door and aired the room for a couple of hours. This helped.

Bed wasn't too bad, but the bed linen was pretty sparse so I had to search the room for an extra blanket. This was OK but then had problems when the bedside lamp didn't work.

Next morning, found the shower to be terrible. There was just NO hot water pressure, so I endure a luke warm shower.

On checkout day I thought I'd do the right thing and let reception know about the issues. Well, I found the cause of the musty smell! Upon walking around the other side of the bed to get the feedback form I found the carpet to be absoluetly soaked.

This hotel wasn't cheap, the carpet throughout is worn and tired, and the hotel is in need of refurbishment.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I offer my apologies that some aspects of your stay were below expectation.
Your feedback about the shower & the flooded room has been shared with the maintenance team for rectification. Your observations about the need for refurbishment will be shared with the owners of the hotel for consideration when they are looking at making investment decisions.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very positive conference experience. Good online booking, good service, good food, comfy bed, adequate gym and swimming pool, fantastic spot. I had a few walks along the front, and picked up snacks from coles which is just a couple of hundred metres out the back of the hotel. I negotiated a lite breakfast at a good price in the hotel one morning, and had a great breakfast at a beach cafe just along the road the second morning which ended up not being as good value for money.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. We were pleased to read that you found our staff, hotel facilities & the local environs very much to your liking. We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton le Sands
Meriton Suites Mascot Central
Pullman Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
#2 of 12 in Mascot

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!