My wife and I stayed at Novotel Brighton-Le -Sands for 5 nights from Mar 19 to Mar 24th. I booked through my Advantage Plus card, and used my "complimentary" night voucher for 1 night. I have stayed many times at Novotel over past 30 years, and usually enjoy my stay.
This was the worst experience we have had there.
The Reception staff were very friendly and we were given a room on the 12th Floor. The room was spacious and quite good, but getting a bit tired. The room was well cleaned by room service personnel, whilst the staff in dining room were excellent - led by the familiar and ever-friendly Henry.
Unfortunately, on our 2nd night, the Fire Alarms went off at 5am, and we had fire crews in the hallway. Apparently a hot water main had burst in a room on the 12th floor (near to our room), and half the floor was flooded, plus some rooms below. Over the next 3-4 days, driers were used to attempt to dry the carpets etc, whilst some rooms were evacuated (but not our room). The whole floor was damp and smelt. The staff handled the situation fairly well, and we could have showers downstairs.
Some new guest arrivals onto 12th Floor were not informed of the situation and of the reason for the general dampness and smell - which was a bit ordinary.
Unfortunately, 2 nights later, the alarms went off again, with apparently another burst hot water main - on 6th? floor.
It turned out that such events, = burst hot water pipes, had happened on previous occasions. This is a major problem for the hotel - both in terms of guests, including feasibly long-term corporate bookings such as with airlines, but also financially for the hotel - and has to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
Before we book to stay at Novotel Brighton again, we will enquire as to whether or not this problem has been fixed. If not - no stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach is a 4 star hotel situated opposite Brighton Beach in Sydney. With sweeping views across Botany Bay, this hotel is conveniently located only 15 km from the city centre and 5 minutes from the airport. Perfect for businesstrips and holidays, all 296 rooms boast private balconies. The hotel features a bar and restaurant, plus 11 meeting rooms accommodating up to 500 delegates. Leisure facilities include a swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and steam room.Novotel Brighton Beach offers a variety of facilities including landscaped *outdoor swimming pool, indoor pool, steam room, large modern gymnasium, restaurant and bar, Day Spa and Health Centre and 11 versatile function rooms with an experienced conference and events team to facilitate your next function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach Hotel Brighton Le Sands
- Novotel Brighton Le Sands
- Accor Brighton Le Sands
- Sydney Novotel