We travelled with another couple, coming to Sydney for a family function. We booked two rooms 3 months in advance. When we arrived, one of our rooms wasn't available and we were upgraded to a suite.The staff at the reception and all the hotel employees we came in contact with were very welcoming and polite.
The bedroom in the suite was spacious, clean and had a balcony facing the bay. The beds were comfortable and the bedding nice quality. The bathroom, although well equipped, could be cleaned better: we found a used cake of soap in the shower left by a previous occupant of this room. We requested bedding for the sofa bed; sheets and blankets were brought in, but not pillows. The staff didn't offer to make up the sofa bed for us. At night there was quite a bit of noise coming from the street; even with the balcony door shut and the air con on we could hear some thumping party music from a venue down the block, but thankfully the noise died down by 11:30pm.
The service at the bar was very slow. It took about 45 minutes to serve us - 3 cocktails and a couple of glasses of beer/wine. There were no other customers at the bar when we ordered. We dined at the Baygarden restaurant and it was the low point of our stay. The restaurant was understaffed for the number of people they catered to. We ordered a la carte and courses were not brought together - some people at our table had finished our mains while others were still waiting for theirs. There were long waits between courses and the dishes weren't cleared promptly.
Breakfast was nice, the buffet selection ample and fresh fruit plentiful, but scrambled eggs tasted powdery.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but we stayed at this hotel a few years ago and standards were much higher then. Next time we will go to the Mariott, where we had a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach is a 4 star hotel situated opposite Brighton Beach in Sydney. With sweeping views across Botany Bay, this hotel is conveniently located only 15 km from the city centre and 5 minutes from the airport. Perfect for businesstrips and holidays, all 296 rooms boast private balconies. The hotel features a bar and restaurant, plus 11 meeting rooms accommodating up to 500 delegates. Leisure facilities include a swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and steam room.Novotel Brighton Beach offers a variety of facilities including landscaped *outdoor swimming pool, indoor pool, steam room, large modern gymnasium, restaurant and bar, Day Spa and Health Centre and 11 versatile function rooms with an experienced conference and events team to facilitate your next function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach Hotel Brighton Le Sands
- Novotel Brighton Le Sands
- Accor Brighton Le Sands
- Sydney Novotel