“Good South African street food ”
Review of Durban Dish

Durban Dish
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my colleagues tried bunny chow and few other snacks the food is excellent and the place gives feeling of home, it's quite informal. The staff is courteous.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A little gem in my local suburb. Do you have a South African background - it's a great place to go and get homesick. If not, doesn't matter ! The food is so great and interesting you'll enjoy it as it is. An Indian style of food but unique to Durban. Bunny Chow (no rabbits !), Vetkoek (a must have with any meal). A real home-cooked feel to this place with BYO. I don't really want to everyone to know because I love it so much and I don't want it to change. But these people deserve a good rap ! I've eaten here for a long time.

1  Thank Eidolon_au
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Durban Dish is a modest operation but that's not a bad thing. It's a small venue with what seems to be about fifteen or so seats and a slightly smaller menu for a restaurant. However whatever we tried we loved. The food was delicious and the servings were well sized. The drink menu included imported drinks South Africa, which is always good (there is nothing more off-putting than downing a Coke with some good foreign food).

The restaurant does have an Indian influence, however I've been told that Durban, South Africa has a heavy Indian influence so on that basis, it's actually pretty authentic. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and am planning on going back.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We would have lunch here almost every week.the chicken curry was to die for ,the bunny chow yum ,the food was mouth watering, until the day we looked down in absolute horror at the mouldy bread put down before us in the bunny chow.OH was the comment from the owner.We were completely turned off and will never go back .it scares me to think what else have we eaten.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you want to represent South African food then at least do the job properly. Pap not very good and so so boerewors. Jack it up guys.