“Amazing wine waiter”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you're not into wine, you won't appreciate this. It concerns the great skill and ability of the wine waiter to deal with the crumbling cork of my aged wine. His dexterity in removing all traces of cork and presenting the wine in a pristine fashion was a skill which amazed me, if nobdy else.
The food was very well prepared, the wine list extensive and reasonably priced, the waiting staff - extremely profesional, the ambience and setting (beside a man made lake) quite good.
A very enjoyable night was had by all.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a great night here recently. Were looking for an alternative to our hotel restaurant and there weren't many options in the vicinity. Had spied the group of restaurants here earlier in the week and decided to wander down to give one a try. Chose Trevi as it was by far the busiest (usually a good sign) and the menu appealed. A table for 4 was quickly found and help given to find a suitable wine as we were not familiar with what was on offer. 3 of us had the Italian Pinot Grigio (drier than the usual pinot gris) and thoroughly enjoyed it with our seafood.

The stand out for me was the tempura soft shell crab with miso sauce - simply scrummy and as so much given for the entree I kindly allowed the others to try it too and they all loved it too. Also enjoyed my main of squid ink ravioli filled with snapper and scallops and everyone else was happy with their choices.

All in all a delightful find in a suburban setting, just wish we'd found it earlier in our stay. Would happily return. The friendly staff looked after us very well too. Grazie.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have been to Trevi a few times now with Friends and family and have always enjoyed it.
I have to say though my most recent visit was a bit below par and I hope that was a one off not the beginning of a trend.
It was just a friend and I, we both ordered medium rare steaks for main, I received medium and my friend received well done, they were both still tender and had some flavour so the cut was good but we would have enjoyed them much more if they were served as requested. Entree and mains were served very promptly however dessert took so long we requested the waiter to check on it which he did and it arrived shortly after that, it was a Saturday night and I had ordered the pudding so some delay is to be expected I guess. We also were not offered water top ups the entire time, we ate 3 courses so it wasn't a short visit. We asked for the bill once our dessert plates were cleared, it had become cold, rainy and slightly windy and as we were seated outdoors with no protection we were keen to leave, after it did not come around 10mins later we got up to pay.

I have given 5 stars though as I have not experienced any problems in the multiple previous times I have dined and previously the service and food was immaculate. Wine list is great and the menu is quite large ensuring everyone can find something to their liking. The menu also seems to be updated fairly regularly which is nice if like me you visit frequently.
I would recommend making a booking as they can get busy, I also recommend parking in the undercover parking at the nearby shopping centre and walking along the boardwalk as the restaurant strip carpark is awfully small and always full.
I will definitely be back and I hope the quality is back to where it normally is next time because it really is a favourite of mine.

Thank Philip and Meli... M
Reviewed February 18, 2013

One of our favourite restaurants in Sydney which never disappoints and has survived the test of time and competitors in the same restaurant location. The staff welcome you as though you are family members and offer slick service but not hovering around. The decor and location are excellent, overlooking the lake, very peaceful and relaxing. We find it difficult choosing from the menu because all the meals are delicious using only fresh produce, especially the lobster which is served three ways and has become our favourite. We take our large family often but mostly just the two of us and no-one has ever been disappointed. Whether it's oysters, calamari, pasta, steak, fish, chicken, veal etc., etc., the meals are prepared, cooked and presented in the most appetising way with generous servings and represent value for money. Great wine list and cocktail bar. Trevi is exceptionally well managed, even on the busiest of nights all diners are treated as though they are the only ones in the place. I wish they would include an accordian player somewhere on the terrace then I could truly imagine I'm back in Italy.

2  Thank ontheroadsince73
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I ate here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were drawn here by the impressive sounding menu, and, food wise, it didn't disappoint. Our meals were delicious and served quickly. We did find the prices to be exorbitant given the restaurant's location and lack of ambience. In my opinion this restaurant charges special occasion prices for a place that's not particularly fancy. A these prices I would expect table cloths had been ironed and that the people sitting next to us were not wearing t shirts and thongs at dinner time (though I appreciate this is not the fault of the restaurant).

We would like to try this restaurant again to see if we enjoy it more next time. We were seated outside where it was very noisy, quite cool and we were getting bitten by Mosquitos. Would like to be seated inside to see if we have a better experience next time. We certainly enjoyed our dinner but it was a fairly average experience overall.