“Good business hotel”

Novotel Sydney Norwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baulkham Hills
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Sure it's a little out of the way, and technically also not in Baulkham Hills but Castle Hills, but we can forgive them that... the room I stayed in was fine - large, spacious, the typical Novotel double bed, comfortable enough.

Breakfast was fine - even the latte there was no extra charge and actually very nice. Not what you usually get from a hotel.

Internet connection was fast enough and the staff at the reception very attentive and caring.

Absolutely no complaint at all about this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
NovotelSydneyNorwest, Front Office Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for the excellent review of our Hotel, and taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Chantelle Basha
Front Office Manger

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This used to be the Crowne Plaza hotel and recently changed to Novotel. Not easy to find as there are no signs outside the hotel!
The rooms are average and could do with some renovation. Bar area good as was breakfast but the main plus was the friendliness & customer service ethic of the staff.
Am sure that in time this hotel will reach the standard of other Novotels. Was situated very close to the office I was working in so suited me well although if you wanted to be near Sydney then not so good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
NovotelSydneyNorwest, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Good Morning Cliff L

Thank you for your feedback. In relation to the signage we apologise and understand your frustration, we are working towards resolving this issue in the next few weeks. We look forward to welcoming you back, and once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Paul Donnelly
General Manager.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed for three nights over the long weekend and found the Novotel to be a great place to stay. The service was very helpful and the rooms and buffet breakfast great. We were down for sports events and the staff were great in helping us with ice and washing services. Plan to use the resort again in the future as it provided everything we required including a 6:30 breakfast service!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Good Morning,

Thank you for your excellent review of our Hotel we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Chantelle Basha
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I are locals and quite often on a weekend visit this hotel to enjoy a relaxed breakfast. Today we went for breakfast around 9am to find half of the food unavailable and what was there was cold. I realise this hotel has recently changed management but cannot believe the drastic change in choice and quality of buffet breakfast. The breakfast is definitely not value and quality for money and we will be looking for another venue.

Jacquie and Geoff

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacquie P
NovotelSydneyNorwest, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Good Afternoon Jacquie and Geoff,

I was disappointed to hear of your dining experience in the restaurant, I would like to discuss this further with you. If I could ask that you make contact with me on the following phone number 02 9634 9640.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Paul Donnelly

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel was a standard and quite average hotel. The food choice was limited and standard not excellent. The rooms were spacious, air conditioned as you would expect and clean although need an upgrade as they are somewhat dated. A good hotel close to Hillsong Church an absolute must for all those sceptical about religion, what a place! A nice hotel and yes would stay again but for no more than 3 days.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights this week as I was in Sydney for work.
My bad experience started from the time I checked in, the staff were unpleasant and unwelcoming and quite frankly rude.
I stayed on the 4th floor, which from the moment you hopped out of the lift, had a stale odor, which also was present in the room.
The lift were noisy and was in obvious need of maintenance. The room and lift card reader were also in need of attention (I had to get a new card 4-5 times, as they simply would not read)
I called reception 3 times during my stay, to which all 3 times I was placed on hold, and after 5 minutes of not returning to my call I was forced to hang up and go downstairs for service.
Frankly it's hard to find a positive thing to say about this, so called superior property! The only thing I could say positive is that the bruschetta and the restaurant downstairs was divine (the only thing I ate at the venue)
Overpriced and definitely underwhelming... Don't bother!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sant8974
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Sant8974,

Thank you for your time in writing us feedback. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experiences but it is truly unfortunate that we weren't able to do so on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the level of service received upon check-in and room condition being sub par. Your review is essential for us to consider improvements needed on our end.

Again, thank you for your time in writing us a review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just wanted to thank the staff for my stay last Sat night, I had back pain and the kind man at reception dropped me up some panadol at 1am (dont worry he asked if i had allergies and emphasised that he isnt supposed to do it). I also got a late check out til 1pm next day - cant fault that ...they were very nice indeed. Id come back for another night off from the kids....price good too.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
#1 of 2 in Prospect
Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill
Novotel Sydney Rooty Hill
#1 of 1 in Rooty Hill

Been to Novotel Sydney Norwest? Share your experiences!