“Perfect welcome after a tough day!”

Novotel Sydney Norwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baulkham Hills
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We came to Sydney from Adelaide to visit & stay with family. After all this went pear shaped, we decided to do a last minute check in at the Crowne Plaza. We were greated by the very friendly & helpful bellman, who turned out to be the General Manager. He was so kind to my very tired 2 year old & made us feel almost like family. Check in staff were great & friendly, we decided to have room service for dinner, of which the gentleman on the phone whilst ordering & the delivery guy were super friendly. The room service took the exact time they said it would. The beds were so comfortable & the rooms were nicely presented. We headed down to the restaurant for breakfast, where again we saw the GM. The staff at breakfast were great, they even arranged a babycino for my daughter whilst hubby & I were having a coffee. The GM and all staff made us feel so welcome & important. I would definately recommend this hotel & will be staying again in future.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a member of IHG and have been really happy with the service in crown plaza Melbourne and Canberra. I stayed at Crown Plaza Norwest 2 days back and felt like I was burden on the front staff, firstly as I walked in I never got greeted, no smile on his face and he just looked at his screen and printed out this paper and asked me to sign at the bottom of it. Secondly I never got told that he is holding up an amount of $200 from my bank account which never happened to me in Melbourne or Canberra. When I was in Canberra crown plaza they didn't even charge me on my card till I checked out. Being a privilege member I am suppose to get a morning newspaper which I didn't receive and lifts are soo slow and it feels like I will be stuck in it.

Every time I approached front reception I never saw one person had a smile on their face...very sad and I am never going back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TJ S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear TJ S,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the service you encountered and the issues you had with our check-in policy did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize we were not able to honor your IHG Rewards Club perks and our Elevator services was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me start this review by saying that my company makes me stay here, unless you are forced to stay here by employer or you need to stay at this location for god sake please do look for many other alternatives available in this area.

Everything in this place is adequate, there is nothing that stands out either good or bad. Rooms are adequate for a night or two of sleep and so is the bed available in them. The hotel is well maintained and fairly clean but watch out not to leave your dirty clothes in a bag in the corner as they will throw that into rubbish for some reason, I guess they are just over enthusiastic.

I do have constant issues with the temperature in the colder months of the year, if management reads this please do put some more blankets in the rooms for travelers from warmer climates. I dread heaving to sleep here in the winter months.

Location is just terrible, in the middle of the worse part of Sydney. If you have to stay in this area try Parramatta at least you can get a good meal there.

If you want to eat here, your only real option is a restaurant downstairs, which is overpriced and sadly missing on a flavor. Compensating for this, service is very decent and they try to make up for a dismal meal you are about to receive.

Area around the hotel has been built up over the past few years so there is a hope that good place to eat will pop around the corner but I would not be holding my breath.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Miseryolo,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed few times now on business trip from Canada.

Location to suit business needs.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.

Spacious and very clean rooms with comfortable beds and high quality linen.

Free Internet at ground floor.

Vero good quality breakfast with huge variety.

Will come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a relaxing and very comfortable stay. We were in an accessible room which was well suited to our needs. The bathroom was excellent for our purpose and the bed was large and comfortable so we had excellent sleep each night. Its location was great and was easy to get to and also easy to get to our various meeting and gatherings. The staff were welcoming and friendly, and were very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Afternoon Jim,

Thank you very much for spending the time to publish a review of the hotel on TripAdivisor we appreciate the outline of the positives from your stay and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

I think I remember seeing you and your wife during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Ben Jamieson
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I should have visited trip advisor before returning for 1 night here. I noted that the hotel looked a bit run down, concrete had the age signs with grease and bubble gum.
The room was clean but the bathroom had a cracked basin, a pressed metal cheapy bath with a plastic sheet shower screen. It got worse, the aircon did not have a fan speed control, it sounded just like a seat in an airliner, noise was unbearable. Eventually I turned it off even though it was 3 degrees outside. Then , another noise from a rooftop exhaust fan droned and pumped harmonics into the room.... SABENA , Such A Bad Experience Never Again

Room Tip: Do not take rooms on 4th floor, greater heat load and rooftop fans.... better still stay at another...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank B1RD1EMelbourne

Afternoon Birdie,

We appreciate the outline of your experience at the hotel. We have an expectation that we are able to continually improve our product and I am sorry that the experience was not up to your expectations from previous stays.

We have been able to replace your cracked sink and effectivelty fix the air conditioning problem from your comments on Tripadvisor. Not things you should have had to endure and I would be more than happy to disacuss your return to the hotel. Should you be interested in giving the hotel another opportunity please don't hesitate to contact myself on smm@crowneplazanorwest.com.au.

Kind Regards,
Ben Jamieson
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is a very cold day in Sydney today. I checked into this beautiful hotel last night. The room was cold and I increased the temperature to different levels but there was no change. After complaining the reception they hesitantly admitted that the system can't cope with the demand so the heating goes up only to 21degerees. The reception sounded a little rude when I first complained. The offered free breakfast instead of a warm room- really you be the judge? I went for dinner today to the restaurant and it was full they asked me to order room service. I waited 45 'mins and then ordered room service. It was delivered almost one and half hours later. I will not stay in this hotel. The food is over priced for the level of service. Breakfast is $30 and will cost about $70 pp. Certianly recommend looking for other hotels in the area if you planing to stay here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AD2010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear AD2010,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are truly sorry for the problems you experienced in your room and for falling short of your expectations. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

#1 of 2 in Prospect
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Ibis budget Wentworthville
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville

Been to Novotel Sydney Norwest? Share your experiences!