I am a regular business traveler and stay regularly with Priority Hotels (Intercontinental or Crowne) and on this trip I was unfortunate in spending 3 weeks at this hotel. Although it was noted as four stars this would not meet my expectations of what a four star is and when combined to the price paid it was not a good value. The service was extremely poor.
1. From the beginning they did not recognize my Priority Status.
2. When placed in the room the heat did not work and the room stayed at 21 degrees. When trying to get assistance the front desk replied back in an unprofessional manner in a mocking tone. Only after an additional three complaints was it finally addressed.
3. Upon checking out for the weekend I left a belt in the room. An email one day after checkout went unanswered. Upon checking again after two days I asked the desk about the belt and they noted they would ask house keeping the next day. The following day I asked again the same desk clerk who did not remember me or the request. Only after describing the belt again did he remember and then made a note on his hand. After two hours there was no response, so I asked again and again the clerk gave the impression he did nothing and said he would check. The next day I asked the clerk again who found the belt after another hour.
4. When leaving bags over the weekend they did not provide luggage tags. I had to request for one.
5. When leaving laundry, they put some clothes just in a plastic grocery looking bag. Or they use a safety pin for socks and then hang which is not any easier. In some cases they staple the dry cleaning tag to the clothing label so you have to go through the process to take out the staple.
6. The hotel manager every morning just stands at reception with his elbow on the desk everyday and gives the appearance that work is foreign to him even if the front desk is swamped with checkouts.
7. The quality of the gym is poor with 4 pieces or cardio equipment. During the 3 weeks one bike did not work. The large TV does not work.
On the positive side there was one nice woman at breakfast who was really friendly and made you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the fastest growing business community in Sydney, and only 40 minutes from the Sydney CBD and only 15 minutes from Parramatta, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers you the best of both worlds. With the peace and tranquility of landscaped gardens and beautiful outdoor settings, coupled with our understanding of the needs of today's businesses, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers the perfect balance for corporate business and leisure travellers. Offering 132 superbly appointed rooms including Executive Spa rooms and Balcony King rooms. All rooms featuring king sized beds, tea & coffee making facilities, work desk, high speed internet access, in-room safe, ironing facilities, and cable television with pay per view movie. Hotel facilities include outdoor lap swimming pool, gym, restaurant and bar as well as conferencing facilities catering for up to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Norwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney Hotel Baulkham Hills
- Crowne Plaza Baulkham Hills