One of the most common place my work sends me to stay. Stayed here last Thursday. Not exactly posh or bland. Just meh~ Had their Wagyu beef in the restaurant. Asked for medium rare and got a well done.
Usually I would expect a little more from a 4 star hotel but this place I have to say is a bit secluded from everywhere else. Tourists come through here to get to the blue mountains. Unless you are here at the Norwest business park for business, I wouldn't be here at all.
To be fair, the rooms are quite nice with the Crowne standard. It is clean and well equipped with almost anything you can think of + some extras like if you forget your toiletries, they will provide you with razor or toothbrush. It's a good place for businessmen to stay overnight.
Now for my standard Pros and Cons.
- Nice comfortable not too hard bed. Great for a good night's rest.
- Great bathroom and hot water pressures.
- Gym is not too shabby cos nobody uses it.
- Swimming pool is for show.
- Free Shuttle service to business around Norwest in the morning.
- Great service from staff. (It has not always been so. They must have fired those rude ones I encountered every time last year. The new young guys and gals are great and eager to please!)
- Overpriced restaurant (my steak was overcooked!)
- Boring breakfast - the same at all Crowne. I am really getting sick of the same buffet menu everywhere in Australia.
- Overpriced internet
- For the price you pay, I would rather live at a 3 star hotel for more days closer to Sydney if I wanted a holiday.
- So far from the airport. Around 1:30 hrs to get to airport. Taxi fare will cost one way is around $170.
- Walking distance to... absolutely nowhere. The shopping centres here are mainly for business people and occasional residents living at the business park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the fastest growing business community in Sydney, and only 40 minutes from the Sydney CBD and only 15 minutes from Parramatta, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers you the best of both worlds. With the peace and tranquility of landscaped gardens and beautiful outdoor settings, coupled with our understanding of the needs of today's businesses, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers the perfect balance for corporate business and leisure travellers. Offering 132 superbly appointed rooms including Executive Spa rooms and Balcony King rooms. All rooms featuring king sized beds, tea & coffee making facilities, work desk, high speed internet access, in-room safe, ironing facilities, and cable television with pay per view movie. Hotel facilities include outdoor lap swimming pool, gym, restaurant and bar as well as conferencing facilities catering for up to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Sydney Norwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney Hotel Baulkham Hills
- Crowne Plaza Baulkham Hills