We stayed here for four nights on a combination of Priority Club Points and paid nights and we weren't disappointed.
On the plus side, the room was modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean. And apart from the air con, once you were inside the room, it was so quiet that apart from one slammed door, we didn't know that there were any other guests present. The mattress was comfortable (although the pillows less so), the bathroom was well-lit, clean and perfectly adequate with excellent water-pressure for the shower. I liked the fact that our room had a small balcony, which meant that we could open the patio doors (with fly screen) and enjoy the fresh air - a real bonus when you come from the Tropics! The only real downside was that the noise from the air con disrupted our sleep - especially as it switched on and off - so we dispensed with it; all very well for October but not so good if it had been the height of summer. Additionally, you couldn't alter the fan-speed, which might have reduced the noise.
The food was fresh, good quality and all of the usual choices were present but it would have been nice if one of the dishes had altered each day to provide some variety on a longer stay. At full-price I wouldn't consider it especially good value, even by Sydney hotel standards but if you can get an inclusive rate or do a deal, then it will set you up for the day. The coffee was particularly good.
Convenient access to several major routes, easy to find and the free car parking was a real plus.
Every member of staff was helpful, friendly and cheerful. They were forthcoming with directions to various places and when our hire-car had a flat-tyre, they were helpful with the to-ing and fro-ing of communications and arrangements with the hire company.
If we wanted to be an hour or so out of Sydney, then we would consider staying here again because it offers a clean, quiet and comfortable stay. And what it lacks in individuality, it makes up for with friendliness and quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the fastest growing business community in Sydney, and only 40 minutes from the Sydney CBD and only 15 minutes from Parramatta, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers you the best of both worlds. With the peace and tranquility of landscaped gardens and beautiful outdoor settings, coupled with our understanding of the needs of today's businesses, Novotel Sydney Norwest offers the perfect balance for corporate business and leisure travellers. Offering 132 superbly appointed rooms including Executive Spa rooms and Balcony King rooms. All rooms featuring king sized beds, tea & coffee making facilities, work desk, high speed internet access, in-room safe, ironing facilities, and cable television with pay per view movie. Hotel facilities include outdoor lap swimming pool, gym, restaurant and bar as well as conferencing facilities catering for up to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Sydney Norwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney Hotel Baulkham Hills
- Crowne Plaza Baulkham Hills