“Nice hotel without great service”

Novotel Sydney Norwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baulkham Hills
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Whilst the room was nice the check in staff made no mention of my platinum status, no newspapers had been delivered to the hotel by 9am on the Sunday and the service at dinner was only average - I was only ever offered 1 opportunity to purchase a drink throughout the whole meal

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise that our service did not meet your expectations whilst at the hotel.Our employees take pride in providing great customer service which was obviously not up to scratch on this occasion. I apologise for this. Your feedback has been taken on board and the relevant managers will strive to resolve the mentioned issues.

Enjoy your festive season.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I found the hotel to be better on this visit.
More staff at reception, updated rooms and lobby.
I think the staff was also into their jobs.
I was upgraded to nice room. Loved it, but I do feel they should have added more ceiling lighting. Only 4 table lamps for light.
Bathroom was spotless and nicely updated.
I had room service. Not so bad.
My only complaint was cost of internet at AUD $25 per day- crazy!!!
I made the mistake to stay a second night and then travel (slowly) to airport. The morning traffic both days will convince me to limit my visits here in the future I think.

Dear Pine129,

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted to hear that your experience wsa positive. The hotels refurbishment is due for completion in the New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed 4 nights in the hotel. No complains. Price was reasonable compare to other alternatives we checked in a 5KM radius.

Room Tip: In our case we picked the hotel because its location - 5 minutes from our meetings place.

Dear Skatzav,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Norwest. We look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Being a gold member as well as an Intercontinental Ambassador I decided to book this hotel based on the reviews and convenience since it was close to family I am visiting in the area. Having stayed at Intercontinental Manhattan, and SF in last 2 weeks, I must have been spoiled with the service. There was no one to help with luggage. Definitely the most unfriendly front desk staff. Definately avoid if gold or platinum member as you will get none of the service that other hotels normally provide. On my second day I came back to room at 7 pm to find the room had not been cleaned despite requesting service before leaving at 1 pm. I thought housekeeping was the most basic service expected at a hotel. I am assuming they get away with the most basic lousy service as they seem to have a monopoly in the area. The shower seems to have a mind of its own. Goes from full pressure to a drip and back. Not a pleasant experience especially when it fluctuates between hot and cold. They should probably have lift #2 checked as it makes creaking noise while operating. There is no wifi in room so obviously they have not heard of IPad or smartphones. You have to go to lobby to use Internet unless you want to use the cable. The small 20 inch TV looks cute. Will add options later once I get a chance to experience other Hotels in nearby towns. Definitely one of my worst experience and I have stayed in hotels in 21 countries and spend 75+ days in hotels a year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Taz S

Dear Taz S,

Thank you taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. It is through your feedback that we can continually strive to improve both our hotel and our employees. My sincere apologies on the issues you have raised, our employees at the hotel endeavor to provide the highest level of customer service including our Housekeeping Department and it is unfortunate that you were not privy to this. I would like to guarantee our establishment’s operations are to the highest standard of safety, including our lifts which are serviced regularly. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been followed up by the respective departments who appreciate your feedback, if you wish to discuss these further please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on (02) 9634 9639 or email smm@crowneplazaorwest.com.au.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had to spend three nights at this hotel as part of a business trip and had low expectations.
Overall, however, it was a pleasant experience.
The room was large, with a balcony, a bath and a comfortable bed. The water pressure in the shower was excellent.
There was a shuttle bus which I could book to go to any local destination, whether it be restaurants or shops. Both the drivers were wonderful.
The restaurant was very good and I believe they had just employed a new chef.
I had, however, three negative experiences with reception staff. They were pleasant, but I think they were badly trained.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Dear Ozgypsy,

We appreciate your feedback on Crowne Plaza Norwest, we are pleased we exceeded your expectations. With the hotel refurbishment to be complete in the New Year we welcome new thoughts on the hotels changes and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

What a great experience. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the hotel, the staff and the facilities were fabulous. The reception is impressive but not intimidating and the staff friendly, so that our first impression was one of welcome.

The room was sensational - simply all class.

We had intended to go out for dinner but a sign in the lift tempted us to look at the hotel restaurant and that evening they had an Indian meal special. The restaurant staff managed to squeeze us in, even though we had not booked and they were busy. The service was fast and the food, well the food deserves its own special mention as it was perfect . Beautifully presented with great sauces and wonderful taste, all combined with large servings. It doesn't get any better than that.

Even the check out process was done extraordinarily well, leaving us happy to recommend this hotel to ANYONE wanting a little pampering at a reasonable price. The easiest way to describe the experience is to recommend to anyone to book with confidance and be pleasantly surprised by a top hotel with top staff.

Room Tip: Just expect the best and be delighted.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear DavidH2000,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It is great to hear the positive feedback regarding your stay and I will be sure to make a special mention to our new Executive Chef and his very competent team in the kitchen on your meal in Whispers Restaurant. We look forward seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We have stayed here a few times now and find the Norwest consistent. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and provide a good base for our purposes. The breakfasts are quite good and the staff generally pleasant and helpful. The restaurant provides a convenient place to dine without having to leave the hotel.
There is always off street parking available.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello SR666,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Norwest. It is rewarding to read that you enjoyed all of our hotel facilities, and recogize the consistency, something which all Crowne Plaza hotels strive to achieve. Your feedback and the time you have taken to review your stay is very much appreciated by the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baulkham Hills
#1 of 2 in Prospect
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Ibis budget Wentworthville
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville

Been to Novotel Sydney Norwest? Share your experiences!