“This Balmain stalwart is worth discovering or rediscovering” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Satasia - CLOSED

Satasia
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Balmain
“This Balmain stalwart is worth discovering or rediscovering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

I hadn't eaten at Satasia for several years until a recent cold winters night. The large menu with its broad pan Asian spread is a little overwhelming, but the dishes we had were all very generous, tasty and fresh. Service was prompt and attentive despite the restaurant being very busy including a couple of large groups. I can understand how Satasia has survived for so long when so many other places in Balmain have failed. My next visit will be sooner than my last.

• Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Best Indian in Balmain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Coming from the UK it's hard to find a curry house that measures up. The menu is great and either eat in or takeaway is always high quality food

Sydney, Australia
“Can't fault it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant many times and friends introduced me to 'Brian's' menu. It consists of many tasty appetisers from the vast menu, so you get to try many different tapas style Asian dishes. The flavours are exquisite, it's a must to try, friends have never been disappointed. Make sure you save room for the fab range of deserts, the chocolate pudding being my favourite. The staff are fantastic and service cannot be faulted, so ask for Brian's menu you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SeedNorthDevon
London, United Kingdom
“Good selection of Asian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a well established restaurant but this was my fist visit, we ate last week and I was very impressed by both the food selection and the service. It was quite busy when we went but we were greeted at the front by a charming woman who gave us a table for two. This place has a licence and is also BYO. I chose the Mongolian lamb and my companion chose one of the specials "Lamb Shank". We were informed that there would be a 20 mins. wait for the meals which we agreed was absolutely fine. We ordered papadoms to eat during our wait, they weren't very crisp but when the food arrived they were huge servings. Both meals were tasty, well cooked and hot. There is music in the background [my pet hate] but it was quiet and non obtrusive. The service was good and the place is clean.
I would recommend it and I shall certainly visit again maybe with some more people as the menu is a mixture of Indian, Chinese, Thai and Singaporean so one has a good choice.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ellearedee
“Very slow service ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Went there because of the great reviews in trip advisor. The food is just ok but the service is shocking. Took over 45 minutes for a meal and I was the only one in the restaurant. Won't be going back there.....

1 Thank Abu43234