“No veggies. Very average food”
Review of Spice I Am - CLOSED

Spice I Am
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Balmain
Neighborhood: Balmain
“No veggies. Very average food”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Ordered a curry and a stir fry. Got 2 dishes that had no vegetables and were just very spicy with no flavour.. One of the worst thai restaurants I've been to in sydney

Sydney
“Not coming back...”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I ordered the chicken lemongrass stir fry... and what did I get? Half a kilo of cubed chicken, with a lemongrass paste on top of it. That's it! I am no new to stir fries, and I was expecting a nice glossy marinade sauce over succulent chicken and mixed veggies... that was not a stir fry at all. I then asked for some veggies, so I could mix it up, as it was uneatable as it was. The staff was unwilling and rude. They brought me the veggies, but charged full price for it. I ended up paying a total of $32 for a chicken stir fry that I barely ate. No thank, never again!

• Visited December 2013
sydney
“Disappointing to say the least”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

No BYO.
Surcharge to take home left overs.
Surcharge to use credit card.
Staff pretty surly.
Food average.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Authentic Thai”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very authentic Thai food with a lot of spice. If you love spicy Thai food this is one for you.

Only problem is it is small place and waiting time is a consideration.

Visited April 2013
Sydney
“Great food, but need to arrive very early”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food here is great, more superior than other ordinary Thai restaurants in Sydney. Vegetable was cooked perfectly you still can taste the freshness. The only downside is the long queue, and they do not accept reservation (at least when we went there). Other than that, great and highly recommended.

Visited March 2013