“Get a cardboard box.... better and cheaper”

Linwood Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Artarmon B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Get a cardboard box.... better and cheaper”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed in the "older" section. Total crap, tiny rooms, desk under window was swollen and rotting in spots, bathroom door didn't close fully, tiny bathroom, basin rusting underneath, adjustable shower nozzle had two settings - attached and in your hand, tiles missing and others patched up in shower. If I was staying a second night I would have asked for a refund and gone elsewhere.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room... go elsewhere, honestly would never stay here again
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed here this week, when the hotel I usually stay at in North Sydney was booked out. I read the review below and booked, requesting a room in the newer section.

I arrived on Monday night after driving for 8 hours and was exhausted, when I checked I was charged for the stay, which I thought was strange. Then I was taken to Room 402 which is in the 'new building' on the ground floor, about three meters from the cars traveling the Pacific Highway.

Goodness only knows what the rooms in the 'older' section of the building are like.

On entering the room there was a really bad smell, and I had to leave the door open which meant I felt like I was on the Pacific Highway, there are people walking on the footpath 2 metres from the door (which was a glass sliding door - not a solid door).

The room was like a shoe box, I am only small but I don't think a normal sized bloke could even fit in the shower, there is a 30cm gap between the edge of the vanity and the wall by which to sqeeze into the shower. The closet to hang clothes smelt like someone had urinated in it, and the whole room just a really bad smell. It was so bad I re-packed everything into my car.

The curtains in the glass door didn't fit properly so all the people walking past could see into the room.

The room had a old style, tiny TV, a microwave, a fridge and a big chair which I tripped over to get to the bathroom. I didn't want to touch anything and couldn't wait to get out of there. The next morning I was up at 5.30am all ready to run away. Reception didn't open until 7.00am so I waited, and rang the bell at 7.03am when no one had appeared. When the guy answered the phone I asked when reception was open and he said 7.00am,. I replied that it was after 7.00am so he said he would be about 10 - 15minutes!

When the guy came and opened reception I explained that I couldn't stay any longer as it was impossible to sleep 3 meters away from the traffic and that the room and the hotel were really dodgy and I didn't feel safe. "Ok" he replied and refunded me the money I had paid for the balance of the stay.

Nest door is a backpacker hotel which had a sign advertising $55.00 per night, I paid $89.00 a night and this hotel was a dump, If they want to run a back-packer motel, fine, but be honest on the website about what it is and charge the correct price for what they are offering.

I would not recommend staying here, there is nothing good I can say about the place, other than they were good enough to refund my money!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jodi06

Travelers are raving about these Artarmon hotels

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

A quite hotel right on the Pacific Highway going north from the city. Basic accommodation though for the price and location was beyond our expectation. Check-in and out was speedy and friendly.
Be wary though there is at least 2 standards here and we did get an upgrade.

Also experienced favourably, the need to vary our reservation [our mistake] and this was doe without fuss and with speed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fantazbaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Artarmon
Best Western Twin Towers Inn
Mantra Chatswood
Mantra Chatswood
#3 of 5 in Chatswood
The Charrington Boutique Hotel

Been to Linwood Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!