“Airport Hotel Sydney”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arncliffe
New Zealand
“Airport Hotel Sydney”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

OK budget hotel near Sydney airport whilst transiting. noisy streets but personable friendly staff.

Our only gripe was the taxi driver at the airport was irate about such a short fare after he had waited for 2 hours in line to picck up passengers. We suspect he deliberately dropped us at the wrong hotel out of spite - despite showing our destination with the hotel clearly identified at the airport

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Thai first
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was expecting something a bit more and was amused when I entered the room. Its tiny. I could hear everything going on above in the bathroom, I mean everything. No food. Didn't bother with internet. The only good thing was the free tea and cookies though there is nowhere to put the kettle! Would says its over priced at $90. Staff were polite and helpful and the shuttle did leave on time and was well organized. Not everyones cup of tea but if you want a clean place to crash and have some good earplugs then its ok.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jejeel3
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Considering its the "airport hotel" I was ideally hoping for it to be a lot closer to the airport. When we arrived reception was full of guests waiting to check in, babies screaming, impatient business men + reception staff who couldn't quite cope! Once we got to the check in desk the gentlemen who checked us in could barely speak English, demanded my credit card off me and my ID, didn't even explain why he needed them and through them back at me! We then got to our room which we had paid extra for the "queen ensuite" the room was tiny, the bed was barely a double sized bed although it was ensuite. The rooms were very modern and extremely well decorated! We then had trouble with our hotel room lights to which my partner went to reception to ask for assistance, the lady from reception came and said "I can't be doing with this sort of thing now!" I was so astonished I said pardon? She then made out that she was talking to the lights? Yeah, right. So we went to sleep and were woken up several times during the night due to people coming in and out with suitcases wheeling them across the cobbled floor outside our door, brilliant! Once we checked out we asked the same reception lady if they had a taxi ordering service we could use, to which she said "well yeah but how do you expect me to book you a taxi when you haven't told me where your going" I mean come on, there's customer service skills then there's just being plain rude! The hotel is ok for a one night brief stay like we had!

Room Tip: We paid the extra money for "the queen ensuite" I'm not sure why. Yes it had an ensuit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zara S

Travelers are raving about these Arncliffe hotels

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel is convenient if u have to spend a night in Sydney before catching a flight on the following day.Rooms are very small but sufficient and clean.the shuttle to and from the airport is very efficient ad well priced at $6 each way.you get some noise as the hotel is located on a busy road .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Newly renovated and clean, OK to sleep for one night.
That's about all good points.
There was no parking (on the streets around the corner in dodgy-looking neibourhood), no coat hangers to hang your clothes and get prepared for the morning. And boy, there were no proper blanket at 10 degree outside night. They give you a flat sheet and a kitchen-towel-kind-of-cover, that's all. I was SOOO cold, had to get up, find socks, scarf and cover myself with all jackets I could find. The internet was very slow but available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Zealand
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Really pleased with our choice of accom. Cheap airport shuttles, clean and comfortable room. Minimalist but it has all you need for a one night stay before a flight. Great price, would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was cheap and near where we needed to go Brighton-le-Sands for a conference. it was extremely clean and obviously recently renovated. The night staff were funny and had a great attitude to our question of wine glasses - there aren't any! in a pub you gotta laugh.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arncliffe
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport
Meriton Serviced Apartments Mascot Central

Been to Airport Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!