“Gross Sushi”

Cuisines: Asian
Stamford, Connecticut
“Gross Sushi”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Do not waste your time or money. This place is not good! We ordered sushi to go and were served tuna that was grey in color. The shrimp tempura had thick disgusting soggy batter. I've never seen batter so thick and isn't tempura suppose to be crispy. Eew! Everything was clearly old and not fresh. We went there on a Saturday at 8pm and there was 1 table. I had to spit a mouthful of food out because of a foul taste. We threw this food away because it was uneatable. If you want good sushi continue down Collins Ave 2 more minutes to Rice Asian House & Sushi Bar. This place has fresh and tasty sushi that can't be beat!

Newport Beach, California
“Decent sushi great prices”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

They have happy hour sushi, so you can get a lot for your money. "Hot Cold Fish" appetizer was excellent. Rainbow Roll was boring. Shrimp Tempura dinner very good. A very casual venue, good hours, nice service. If you're staying in one of the hotels across the street it's a nice place to pop in for a meal that is quick and good.

Visited November 2012
los angeles
“Decent sushi, not bad but not great.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I can't say anything good or bad about this place. The sushi was just average, maybe I'm just spoiled by west coast sushi? Service was prompt.

• Visited July 2012
“Eat here-awesome!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

This incredible restaurant is a bargain with super food & is tucked away in a strip mall in this high end beach town. My wife & I have had sushi all over the world & Sumo is now one of our favorites. We will definitely eat here again on our next visit.

You get great service, fresh fish & an awesome meal. Eat here once or maybe even twice-you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Proudcsuram
Miami, Florida
“Fresh Sushi - Great Service”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The fish was all very fresh! I sat at the sushi bar & you could see that the fish was very fresh. I ordered the spicy octopus salad and all I can say is WOW!!! It was so good - thinly sliced & just enough spicy dressing over the cucumbers.
I then had a lunch special combo of sushi w/ terriyaki chicken. The combo had a miso soup, which was nothing special but good. The chicken was sauteed w/ carrots, onions, peppers & broccoli - all fresh cut vegetables & made to order.
The sushi was very good too. Tuna was just the right color of pink ... great lunch meal!

• Visited April 2012