“FRESH SUSHI, GREAT PRICE”

Sumo Sushi Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We just got back from Sumo's and couldn't wait to write a review. The food was not only excellent, but the prices were great. We were surprised to find out they had a happy hour from 5:00-7:00 daily that included $3 California, Tuna, & Salmon Rolls, and $1/piece of 5 assorted sushis (Tuna, Salmon, Crab, Shrimp, and White Fish). We got one of each along with the California Roll, a Monster Roll (with pineapple) an order of Lobster Rangoon, Edamame, and Tempura Banana, and a $16 great bottle of Saki. We walked away stuffed and believe it or not, our bill was only $50. I wish we lived here so we could go back. Highly suggest everyone trying it. You won't be dissappointed.

1  Thank Eileen S

Reviewed January 10, 2012

High quality sushi at extremely reasonable prices. The people at Trump should take some lessons from them.

1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Fish was fresh. Rice was good but could have been packed better. Interior is ok. Servers are very friendly.

Good place if you want a quick hit, casual sushi experience.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I live in NYC -the capital of good food. When my boyfriend and I were down in Sunny Isles, FL we decided sushi was the way to go. Unfortunately we were unable to get a reservation at the number 1 sushi restaurant in Sunny Isles, so we settled for something a bit more casual and scary at first (to say the least). We stumbled upon Sumo, a relaxed sushi restaurant about 5 minutes (walking) from Trump International, our hotel. It was in a strip mall with valet parking so we figured how bad could it be. We entered, were quickly greeted and sat in the poorly decorated space. There were 2 other tables that were occupied - and for Saturday night at 8pm in Sunny Isles, that was strange and spooky. The other two parties quickly left and we were the only ones remaining in the restaurant with 2 sushi chefs, 3 Eastern European waitresses, and 3 children sitting at the bar. The menu was long and had a lot of good options. We became nervous and began placing bets on how quick we would get food poisoning after eating in this wayside place. We decided we had a 10% chance of dying. We ordered edamame which was hot and salty; cooked perfectly. We had a bunch of very creative sushi rolls followed by banana tempura. It was all completely delicious. Sushi was fresh and yummy. Very, very tasty. Service was impeccable. I would definitely go back again if I was in that area. The fact that the decor is bad and that it is in a strip mall is very sad for the restaurant. I wish it would do more business. It would easily be better suited in a hotel or in a location of it's own, but I guess in Florida, strips malls are king and diamonds are surely found in the rough.

1  Thank Jillian M
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My wife and I ate at Sumo Sushi Bar and were very pleased.
The sushi was fresh and prepared correctly.
Very good prices during the Sushi Happy Hour.

We'll be back.