“Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had a great time, the room was great the staff was very professional and
nice. Everyone was on task. The gentleman that checked us in was very funny and made us feel welcomed. He answered all our questions and then some.

Thank you we will revisit again and will recommend
Ms. Janet Cepero

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet C
There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Cozy hotel, maximum attention of the staff, nice pool, perfect!!!
The pool overlooking the sea is a delight.
Breakfast very good, from the receptionist, the garcon, valet, all very attentive. I otimos five days of my life in family.

Room Tip: All are great. But facing the sea is excellent.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Valet Parking was never perfect but now its Worst.We use to be able to call ahead for our cars now we cannot so it takes 35-45 minutes to get our vehícles. This
needs to stop. Recently there has been alot of changes some are ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank godfather60
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is so far from the main south beach...the front office staff is so rude they don't know the meaning of hospitality my suggestion do not stay here....rather sleep on beach beds would be better....and also no late night room service breakfast buffet is just named as buffet they just have 3-4 items not at all worth it...in my case big mistake by the Kuoni sotc New Delhi India office to book me here you people spoiled my miami visit....

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank dkarora59
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Ramada Marco Polo is an old and well known property on North Beach. It is quite far from South Beach area where all the action is. So, if you are looking for a property close to nightclubs and shopping areas, then this is not the place. On the other hand, if you are looking for a quiet holiday on the beach for couples and families, then this is a nice choice for the price. Its value for money. There is beach access from the hotel. In the month of June, beaches in Miami is full of sea weeds lining the shore, which was quite an irritant. This problem is with the entire stretch of beach both in North and South Miami - More in North Miami. The pool though small is good. For beach chairs with umbrellas, you need to pay extra as that is outsourced and they are laid out in the evenings on the beach. There is free wifi in the lobby. There is tea/coffee maker in the room, microwave and cups and plates. There are no restaurants nearby. Late night room service also is a problem. The buffet breakfast is ok. There is a small pizza joint in the lower ground floor of the hotel itself and you can have hot pizzas made to your choice. It is worth booking a beach/Ocean view room to enjoy the place. You can also book guided city tours from the Travel desk situated in the lobby. During weekdays, the hotel has low occupancy. But on weekends there are lot of people staying there. The bus stop for local transport is right in front of the hotel. It takes around 45 minutes to reach South Beach from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rastha2001
Reviewed August 19, 2014

In my opinion this hotel was very nice. The beach was very easily accessible, the pool was a good size and the kiddie pool was nice. I love how diverse the hotel was as well, nice seeing a lot of different cultured Hispanic people. It was a great experience. The housekeepers were very nice and helpful cleaned around us on our last day because we didn't get out the room before she arrived. The towel situation was weird but they did always bring us the towels whenever we called. To my bartender Jeff you're the man thank you for telling my sister & I about the hot spots. I would love to return to this hotel.

1  Thank Christina R
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Pros: Love the access to the beach and pool. Love the staff being a Hispanic love that they could speak in my language. All the reviews about the towels is true most days had to call to get them. I am not sure why they kept doing that but ultimately we did receive them when we asked for them. This was my first trip to Miami in 35 yrs and enjoyed the weather.

Cons: Valet parking this hotel does not have their own parking. As long as you called ahead of time they would have your car almost ready when you went down.
The biggest disappointment about the valet parking was checking out 8/15/14. I called ahead to have the car ready at 8:30 am since I was traveling to the airport for my flight. It was 8:40 am when they called me to let me know one of their valet attendant crashed into my rental scraping the driver door and breaking driver side mirror. It was kind of scary driving that way to the airport prayed I didn't get stopped by the cops. Needless to say it caused a snowball effect on my trip back home. The delay they caused had me running to catch my flight on time. If I ever stay there again will not rent a car everything is within walking distance and the cabs are cheap to get to places that are close by.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms do not have a balcony. When I booked the room it said there was one but sup...
1  Thank luzrodriguez2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!