“Never more”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2014

the most unpleasant experience of my life, we never got the rooms we were sold or bought with conditions, in poor condition, I take photos prove everything I say and I would like to know how should I proceed to make a complaint about the poor conditions of lodging and hotel stay marked ramada polo in Miami Beach, never come Back to this hotel in my life y buy this reservación From bookit.com please be carefull

Room Tip: Never go to this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We needed a one night stop and this was available and within price range. Once you get past the lobby and into the room some of the veneer slips instantly. Although clean the lighting was poor and the rooms were dated and definitely need updating as a matter of urgency and there was a funny smell in the room. Also they are building next door and a wake up call from a concrete mixer before 7.00 am is not good nor was the noise made by screaming children running along the corridor. It main saving grace was it's beach locality and the swimming pool. Staff were polite and helpful in the hotel but those running the obligatory valet parking need a refresher course at charm school. Waiting 20 minutes for your car is not acceptable especially at the price they charge. Grateful we only need a bed for one night would not stay there for a whole vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lori023
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Occasionally I must preface my commentaries with a disclaimer that I truly believe many reviewers are inspired to carve out negative reviews when they are dissatisfied with the food, ambience, product or service in a fit of retribution, and those who have been satisfied by the experience, don't expend the energy writing anything, thus making a big chunk of reviews adversely slanted! I consistently try to be even-handed, and do not hold back the negative, but also try to underscore the positive – always my ‘opinion’ and those with me at the time and with the understanding that one good or bad review does not reflect a business’ overall potential, actual character or track record. That said, Marco Polo defies my ability to be somewhat lenient! Of all the travel accommodation experiences I’ve had in my lifetime, this is hands-down the worst! They couldn’t find confirmed reservation, despite having a reservation confirmation number, a payment confirmation number, and the name of the person who took the reservations! After arriving there they told us that even with credit card, they do not guarantee room holds. The counter folk had no manners, very inconsiderate and an extreme bad attitude! Electronic door locks did not work. The place smelled of old wet dog and carpet. We were moved to another room. They couldn’t find the right keys. No one offered help with bags. We were hassled and inconvenienced by valet parking – which I don’t believe is actually run by the hotel. The walls were paper thin, noisy all night long. Nearly no amenities available. Non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes and something dead. Had there been other accommodations available, we would have gladly gone, but unfortunately some major event had pretty much booked everything in the area. No one at any time expressed being sorry for the inconveniences. This may be my first totally negative review of a place, and I am usually one to give the benefit of the doubt, but this place doesn’t even deserve one iota of positive. Highly not recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GastroEclectico
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel has it's up and downs like most hotels.. The great thing was we got upgraded to a ocean front view room free of charge. Which was great, the staff was supper friendly especially the young African American woman in the bar who also worked the lobby bar she was an asset to the hotel as well as King. The downfall was the breakfast was HORRIBLE!!!! In the shower you either had to take a steaming hot shower or a ice cold shower. Had a water leak in the A/C we called for maintenance the front desk was more then happy to help but once the maintenance man got there he pretty much planned us for the water leak. Other then that I would most certainly come back and recommend

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's a decent hotel, no real complaints other than the fact that it could use some updating. I was there for a conference. The rooms were decent, but the conference rooms were rather old, and honestly, a little mildewy. The carpets needed replacing and the AC should have been left on in those rooms. The beach is the main attraction here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for ocean view as opposed to "city view". Worth the cost!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MarcoPoloBeachRes, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Dherlich,

Thank you for taking the time and write about your experience at the Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort during your conference. I am happy to announce that we are looking into renovating all the Conference rooms and hopefully by 2015 have a more appealing and renovated meeting room space along with all the renovations in our public areas. During 2013-14 we were able to fix up the Lobby, Pool Deck area, hallways and most of our rooms. It is a work in progress and we wanted to also have minimal impact in the guest experience. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at the Ramada Marco Polo in the past with friends from Canada and we had a great experience. It was for this reason that I chose once again this hotel for this Memorial Day weekend to have a special getway with my parents and sister since we are going through very hard times with my father's terminal illness. After I made the reservation for the oceanfront room, I contacted the hotel directly and spoke with Nellissa who transferred me to an angel by the name of Leonardo. I explained the situation with my father and asked for the necessary accomodation for my handicap father. Leonardo went out of his way to assist me and provided all the necessary equipment for my father's comfort.
Once we arrived, everything was as expected and more. Hector at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Leonardo welcomed us personally and ensured that we had a great room that met our needs. The hotel room had a beautiful view with a very nice balcony. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The beach area and pool were awesome. All the staff at the hotel, including Leonardo's boss Paula, was very helfpul, professional and polite. My friends that came to visit were very impressed with the hotel and we all decided to come back again for July 4th long weekend. Also, this is a very family oriented resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Maggie A,

Thank you for staying with us this past Memorial Weekend. It pleases us to hear that Leonardo and Paula went above and beyond your expectations and made sure you had a wonderful time while here in Florida. Please let me know I can assist you personally in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Upon checking in I was looking around the Lobby, it was very large and had a lot of comfortable couches that you could lounge on while waiting for your room.

The staff for the most part was very friendly and attentive from the first day I checked in. Natalie at the front desk was very kind, quick, and her smile was a great & warming thing to see when first checking in, and even throughout my stay.

I had a nice breakfast in the Dining Room. I was greeted by Rose. Rose, Shawanna and the rest of the breakfast staff where a joy to see in the mornings. Even though it got full fast the ladies made sure as soon as people left they cleared the tables and reset them quickly.

The pool staff was wonderful and always had towels waiting. Kennedi stood out to me because of her upbeat attitude. Kennedi and the rest of the staff made it enjoyable and relaxing.

Out of the times I was at the pool, this one moment sticks out in my head. Sunday 5/18/14 I was thirsty and decided to get a Margarita before meeting friends on the beach. I walked up I saw the bartender (Maria), Maria must have thought her phone needed attention more than a paying customer, because her head was down, and she was typing away on her pink phone. After what seemed to be forever (probably 5 minutes) she finally looked up with a roll of the eyes and shake of the head type of attitude and the body language as if I was bothering her. I ordered a Margarita from her and it tasted different, but it wasn't worth taking back, because I was meeting friends on the beach. One of my friends who has worked as a bartender for 10+ years tried my Margarita. She asked why I got a Golden Margarita? She said they add Grand Marnier, which gives it a different taste compared to a regular Margarita.

The next morning I was heading to the beach and decided to try the bar again, this time there was a different bartender (Patty). I asked Patty for a Margarita and NOT a Golden Margarita. Patty was very friendly and made a delicious Margarita!

Later that day (my last night) I decided to give the Lobby Bar & Lounge/Restaurant a try. The bartender for both bars is named India, she was very polite and knowledgeable about what seemed like everything, and the drinks she made where on point! I asked her if she new what channel and time the basketball game was on? She told me that the game would be on inside the TNT Lounge at 9pm if I wanted to watch it in there, or it was on ESPN. I decided to have dinner with my friend in the Lounge, and the food was delicious. Our server Guillermo was very fast and polite.

My room had an breathtaking view! Fedeline my room attendant kept my room looking brand new, which made it easier to sleep at night.

I was very skeptical when I reserved my room, because of Trip Advisor reports, but since I took a chance and my stay was not bad except when waiting on Maria the bartender to attend to her cell phone before on her customer. I'd also have to thank her, because if it wasn't for her rudeness I wouldn't have been upset enough to write this review, but at the same time, all the great employees you have there wouldn't have gotten mentioned in my review.
At the end of it, I would and will come back in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank JaniceJ531

Dear JaniceJ531,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort. I am glad to hear that some of our staff made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for mentioning their names. I also noticed your experience at the Pool Bar in one of your days was not as satisfactory, I am sorry to hear that. Please contact me directly in the future is there is anything I may be of assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
1 mi away
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!