“housekeeping”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Loved the service and the hotel but what i loved the most was the housekeeping of carla romano she is a very sweet and was the best looking forward to stay with you guys again very pleased with the housekeeping she is the best you have there

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Yane,
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our Housekeeping Staff and your recognition of Carla Roman. We posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,336)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was really dissapointed in this hotel. Let's begin with check in, it took about an hour to check in due to a misunderstanding about your rates, which were completely sifferent from when I made the reservation. The elevators were actually scary, they would rumble and shake, I was sure if I was going to make it. I get to my floor and reach my room's door, which the door knob wouldn't turn even though the green light was on. I turn on the A/C and barely any air is coming out, so I call front desk to fix it, they say they'll send someone. I go to the bathroom, and the towels were dirty, they smelled and were not white, they were also still wet. I call house keeping for extra towels, said towels didn't arrive until 7 hours and 4 phone calls. I ask the young lady outside for a towel by the pool, I'm sure she heard me because she was looking right at me, but she walks away and when she comes back she hands me one which were right behind the counter. Then sucurity asked me what room number I was in so I tell him and he tells me I'm not there, and told me to handle the matter at the front desk in a very rude tone. I go and everything is resolved, I go to the pool and the sucurity asked me again for my room number which this time he allows me to go through. The pool was okay, until I found a band aid , and straws in there. The beds were overall okay. The room seemed old which is understandable. In the middle of the night I go to the restroom and see roaches. I was planning to stay for 3 days, I left my second day. I just couldn't take it anymore. I start packing my second day and that's when someone came to fix the room's A/C. It is just so dissapointing that a hotel of 3 stars would be at my opinion the grade of a 2 maybe even 1 star. I get my bags and wait for an elevator, which took far too long, so I took the stairs. The valet service was also not that great, they took a very long time to get my car The nicest person I believe I met was this young looking guy who has some what short hair and light skinned, he was a bellboy I wish I got his name but I can't seem to remember. He was maybe the only person working there who had a smile the whole time. He was very nice, and gentlemen like. Unlike the others who rather then letting the guest go first they go in before. I didn't have time to say thank you to him and I wish I did. I do hope you know who I am speaking about and tell him "Thank you very much for being the one that had the smile, and the manners." I would not reccommend this hotel, and it's a shame that I won't. I have never left a hotel earlier then wanting to.

2  Thank Areano23

Dear Areano23:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your vacation with us. We are disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Our Director of Housekeeping as well as our entire management has been copied on your notes regarding the condition of the room and the staff behavior. We do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you will consider returning to our resort in the future, as we would love an opportunity to regain your confidence.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Loved the service and the location our housekeeper Carla Romano is the best we ever had !! We will miss her! She's very sweet nice smiling organized works very good we can count her etc!! We recommend her !!
Thanks for everything!

Dear Sweetmiss36.

Our entire staff was happy to read that you enjoyed the warmth and attentiveness of our staff and your recognition to Carla Romano. We hope you return to our resort on your next visit to Miami Beach and wish to thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Well we were a group of 20... We arrived to d hotel for a fashion show... I.was planning this event for my boss... And well all the people of d hotel was amazing.. Really professional... Well educated people.. Respectful.. And really really helpful..
One of d managers.. Enrique Arce wow this guy.. Always helping.. Doing more that he had to do for us.. Going d extra mile... Nice really nice..
Front desk people.. Professional respectful... Helpful.. There u r Gonna find a guy his name Angel... Pretty useful.. Always with d right answer.. Ready to help u ... at night.. There is another manager his name Matthew.. Wow.. Always aware of our needs.. Taking care of d detail.. Paula.. Nice lady.. Always with a solution for everything..
D rooms.. Very clean... D view.. Pretty cool.. Pool.. Good... D bar pool clean organize... Good food..
D room for d event was d Persian Room.. Beautiful place...
The only thing.. Well when u call for extra towels do it in advance coz takes a long time to get them ...
Pablo Martinez de general manager.. wow.. Idk how he could be involve in everything... Taking care of us ... taking care of d detail.. Pretty cool experience
Definitely we r gonna come back

Ericka

Dear Ericka,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you sharing your feedback!
It is wonderful to hear from our customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards from Sunny Isles, Fl

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had really nice 10 days vacation !!! The Hotel is very nice, clean, the staff is very friendly and professional . Loved to be right on the beach ! Nice pool and service for umbrellas and chairs on the beach. We were pleased to have ordered food delivery in the room, at the pool, and on the beach. Free Breakfast buffet was really helpful and nice which is open from 6:30am to 10 am , the Restaurants, Bars, Stores, Mall everything is just right next to Hotel. Very convenient place for everything in one place . Definitely coming back !!!

EyaK

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear EyaK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your vacation with us!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you sharing your feedback!
It is wonderful to hear from our customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Best regards from Sunny Isles, Fl

Reviewed July 22, 2012

In general the hotel is ok, but it's disgusting see how the second floor maid named Karla, sits on the alley to talk on her cell phone. Those classeless actions show a lack of respect for the guests.

Dear Dial04,

Thank You for your review.
We are disappointed about your feedback about a member of our maid staff.
Our Director of Housekeeping has been copied on your notes regarding this.
Once again we apologize you had to experience such behavior.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future, and we hope we can make your next stay a memorable one.

Best regards from Sunny Isles,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was nervous about our stay from some of the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The property was nice and the only things that I would say was a negative was that the door to our room wasn't sealed correctly and everyone in our group wasn't allowed the continental breakfast withour a charge. Excellent pool and beach. The staff was amazing, especially Paula at the front desk. I would definately stay here again!!

Dear ladyj3641,
Our entire staff was happy to read that you enjoyed the warmth and attentiveness of our staff and your recognition to Paula, our Rooms Division Manager.
We hope you return to our resort on your next visit to Miami and wish to thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
1 mi away
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!