“Customer Service”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The customer service was amazing! Jody was really nice to us, she rocks, we will be back to this hotel because of her, thanks a lot Jody, all the best.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear 32612Daniel,
We are elated to read your wonderful review on your recent stay at our Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our amazing staff notably Jody, our Front Office Supervisor. Once again thank you for your kind comment and Jody and the staff hope to host you on another fantastic vacation!

Our very best regards from Sunny Isles, FL

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,336)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This review is by a younger couple (20's) and we are middle of the road when it comes to spending and splurging. We don't need top of the line or everything picture perfect and hate to complain. We are generally go with the flow and open minded. Our stay was in Sept 2011 and we stayed in an Ocean Front 10th floor room w/ balcony. The general purpose of our trip was to visit Haulover Beach. Here is our review...

The hotel needs updating and our room wasn't the cleanest and had an odor in it, possibly from the carpets. The hallway carpet also smelled like mold. The service was good and the room was average. The internet worked fine and the TV was an older TV but it worked. The elevators I thought were good, better then Newport Beach Hotel, however I generally liked Newport Beach Hotel better. The hotel is pet friendly which is an added bonus. The pool was in good shape and well maintained.

Haulover Beach (nude beach) is about a 10 minute drive and is to far to walk when on vacation so a rental car would be needed. South Beach is about a 50 minutes ride down Collins Ave.

Parking was so-so and I must say I thought it was rather expensive for the service you get. Lots of joking around and being a little unreasonable with some of the cars and speed. Self parking is $12 and valet is $18. Self parking is definitely to high. Parking is across the street under a bridge and is generally open public parking...kind of a pain in the butt to walk to when you are paying $12 a day and you have to walk across the street every time you want your car.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimmyG802

Dear Funinthesun2428,
Thank You for your review!
Our entire staff was happy to read that you enjoyed the warmth and attentiveness of our personnel and your recognition of the Pool Area.We hope you return to our resort on your next visit to Miami and wish to thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel, and the people staffing it, are awesome. My wife and I had our wedding reception there on June 2nd, 2012. The manager, Enrique Arce, was a tremendous help! Not only did he help us set up the room for the reception and help manage the party, but he also found a wedding DJ for us the day before the reception (ours had cancelled on us unexpectedly). The servers and bartenders at the reception were fast, friendly, and polite. Many of our guests stayed at the hotel, and they all agree that it is a great place. Gary Suarez, another manager at the hotel, kindly upgraded several of the guests to rooms with beautiful ocean views. I would definitely recommend this place and will be staying there in the future when I visit Miami.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gkmorris

Answer:
Dear GKMorris,
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our Food & Beverage Manager as well as our Catering Manager and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am very happy for staying here. I was there last year but I can see how much the hotel has improved!! Thanks to Enrique in the pool that took care of all our needs

• Stayed: June 2012
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Jorge:
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hotel needs updating very badly. Some of the rooms are being renovated unfortunately ours was not one of them. Awesome view of pool & beach, smelly room with crazy air conditioning drip in the middle of floor which was carpeted. Hotel was party central for 4th of July which was pretty cool with a DJ at the pool all day. 85% of the guests happened to be Latino interesting place. They are dog friendly almost wish I brought my chiuaua.

Room Tip: If you go & do not get an updated room with tile floor & granite move immediately while ther...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Allen,
Thank You for your review. We continually strive to make our guests feel at home and completely satisfied when staying at our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

i spent a weekend at Marco Polo Beach Resort, my first impression was good, i was greeted by a kind gentleman who helped me with my bags and eased the stress the Airline caused me when they lost one of my suitcases. I had to wait for a bit more than an hour to get into my room- NOT IMPRESSED-. The hallway smelled like casserole, the breakfast was mediocre and the room needed urgent T.L.C. but the view was perfect.
i thought the bad weather was about to mess up my stay but Mr Vargas was savvy enough to show me many others things you can do when the sun don't shine on Sunny Isles.
My overall stay was great thanks to the effort Jean Pierre, Marie and Marcello put in making my stay in Ramada a good one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your kind words and your review. We are glad to be making changes and renovate the public areas as well as the rooms so our guest get to enjoy their time with us a little better. We are very proud to hear that Milton Vargas our Chief Concierge helped make your stay a very pleasant one. We are sorry to hear about the breakfast, but also, as you can see, we are trying to offer different options to our guests on a daily basis by changing the products we offer day after day. We are happy you chose us and we look forward to your return! Please let me know in the future if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My spouse which happens to be a female like me & I , stood in this hotel and the people were awesome. Had an issue with a small dog barking too much & they accommodated us to an upgrade on a different floor at no extra charge. The views from the balcony are breath taking. We had the best time of our lives & one person that stood out for being such an absolutely awesome person was John. Hosting the breakfast & dinner of the restaurant. I even played pool with him. The sweetest person you could ever meet. We are already planning our next vacation there. Thanks Marco polo for an amazing vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Lutiger,
We are elated to read your wonderful review on your recent stay at our Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our amazing staff notably John from Food & Beverage. Also, we are pleased that you found great value in the price of our property. Once again thank you for your kind comment and John and the staff hope to host you on another fantastic vacation!

Our very best regards from Sunny Isles, FL

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
1 mi away
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!