Previous reviewers have described the rooms accurately so I'll just mention some things about our stay...our friends got married here, and we stayed one night after attending the ceremony and reception. I wouldn't really recommend it as a wedding location, since the room where they had the ceremony was very ugly and you could hear kids screaming their heads off nearby. Then the reception had an open bar (the bar in the hotel, which is huge) but they had no Bloody Mary mix. I found that really disappointing. Couldn't they send someone out to get some, at some point in the long evening? No. After the reception we did enjoy sitting in the hot tub on the pool deck. I think it's open till 10 pm but no one kicked us out, we were there till about 11 pm. DIdn't get to enjoy the beach or pool since we had to leave at 6 am the next morning.
Checking in was a huge pain in the neck. The counter was way understaffed and the employees were overwhelmed by irate guests who were furious about something that had gone wrong with their luggage service or check-in. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we had very little time to get changed and ready for the wedding. Instead we had to wait in the lobby, which was not too pleasant because a couple of big cages there contained screeching birds (enough to pierce your eardrums and put you in a bad mood for the rest of the day) and the Starbucks/coffee shop inexplicably closed at 2:30 pm.
We parked across the street, which was a bit hard to figure out (entrance is not obvious) but $12 is better than we feared we'd have to pay.
It is nice that there are so many shops and restaurants within walking distance. My friend actually bought shoes for the wedding at Marshall's across the street, hours before the ceremony.
Overall, it was OK, but the check-in process needs to be improved, and get rid of those damn birds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. Our guest rooms feature ocean or cityscape views, some with balconies overlooking the ocean. The resort amenities include a private beach, an oceanfront pool surrounded by a 20,000 square foot pool deck, 5 on-site dining venues, spa, a historic pier, children's playground as well as a wide selection of beach sports and kids activities. Share your adventures through social media with free WiFi throughout the resort and the most picturesque backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach