“Watch out for the Cabanas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Dallas, Texas
“Watch out for the Cabanas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Overall, a good value. But, if the pictures of those enticing beachside cabanas attract you, be aware they charge $20 a day to rent them, + $5 per cushion if you don't want to lay on bare boards. It's supposed to be a "resort," so cabanas should be included.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank looper45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

Rooms were clean and spacious. Small fridge and micorwave very handy. Beach very nice. Great value.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is the best hotel that I have stayed at in Miami! I have been here 5-6 times and I loved every visit! I normally go with my girls on a "Girls Get-A-Way" trip but this time I took my fiance for his birthday. The hotel is so beautiful. Although it was very nice the first time I stayed back in 2005 it is even better now. I got one of the newer renovated rooms which was a 1 bedroom suite with partial ocean/pool view. It was very nice and clean. The only thing that I did not like was the rooftop below my bedroom balcony. The valet parking was the best! Those guys are so nice and helpful.....and might I add that the service was quick. We never had to wait very long for our car. They always had a smile on their face. The breakfast buffet had good food. The Restaurant 305 was great. We even had massages at the spa which was oh so relaxing! The beach was beautiful. Although it was very windy and raining, we still had a chance to lay out in the sun and enjoy the resort amenities such as the pool, the Tiki Bar and the hot tub. Speaking of the hot tub I do think that children should not be aloud to use it. It was hard to relax with kids splashing and playing next to us. The person that was the best was "Al" I filled out a concierge form via email and he made sure everything was done and ready for us when we got there. Before I arrived I had a million questions and he responded to each of them quickly and answered all my questions. The rest of the staff was also great but Al you are the best! I will definitely continue to keep staying at Newport Beachside Resort every time I visit Miami.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiamiFiend
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights in January. Our room was a two room suite with a pull out bed from the wall. We had a small balcony where you could see the beach and he jetty. We also had to bathrooms, the main bathroom had a large spa. Three TV's, fridge, coffee maker and lots of cupboard space. The two main beds were king size. Weather was not the warmest when we where there - so the kids only had a quick swim at the beach. Miami is a large town - it is spread out - you need a car to get to the Art Deco areas. Staff very helpful on the front desk.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

The building and the outdoor installations are quite impressive, but the furniture in the rooms are old and poorly maintained, especially the mattresses that seemed to be over ten years old.
I would not recommend any vacation in this hotel, especially when travelling with kids.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Sunny Isles Beach hotels

Lawrence
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

The service of this hotel to say the least was horrible. The weather was very cold so the only thing that you had to hope for was good service from the hotel since it had no heat.
My rate was not honored and I paid more than I was told. I booked three rooms at the same time and they gave me the right rate on two and charged me $52.00 per night extra on the last room. This included a resort fee that is crap. They opened for breakfast late one day and closed their bar early one night. I will say that the guys parking your car were great. There are great hotels around this area and this is not one of them.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

I had to travel for business for a few days and wanted to stay on the beach, but not somewhere that's overrun by tourists. I've stayed at properties on the beach all along the Dade, Broward, Palm Beach coastline. Many of the properties I really like have become too expensive now, so I thought I would try the Newport because it fit my budget.

The good -
Location is great, with easy access to just about everything except Palm Beach Cty.
Within walking distance to Haulover Beach, short drive to Bal Harbour.
The valet guys are very fast and courteous (very important to me)
The property is well maintained.
Staff seems OK and patient.
Convenient to shopping and meals.

The bad-
Older property that is visibly crumbling.
The pool is well stocked with screaming kids and parents who look the other way.
The bathroom fixtures need updating.
The ground floor disco is way too loud and obnoxious.
Need more electric outlets in the room, and please change the burnt lightbulbs.
Tack a "resort fee" on your daily bill even if you don't use their services.
The elevators are tiny and whacky. Only one was working during my stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
The Confidante
#33 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,458 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,081 reviews
Deauville Beach Resort
Deauville Beach Resort
#167 of 206 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,497 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!