“Great Stay”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Toronto
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Spent a week in the Newport beachside resort. Very good resort for the value. Upgraded room to the oceanview. Good go, but not necessary as you can get a good view from poolside also.
Great location in Miami, located at Sunny Isles area. Kitchen 305 night club located on the first floor, restaraunt, stores, gift shops. Across the street is a Shell gas station and free parking provided by the hotel. Also plaza with pharmacy, Subway and etc.
Rooms are nice and clean. A/C working great, had a little issue with a safe at the beginning, but the staff was helpful to fix the problem right away.
Laundry at the lower level as well as the fitness centre.
Valet parking is available. Great beach area, skidoo rental right in front. Couple of hundred meters south on the beach is a Haulover park with it's famous and Miami only nude beach.
Ten minutes by car to Art Deco centre, 20 minutes to Ft.Lauderdale beach, 5 minutes by causeway to Aventura mall for some great dining and shopping.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Guamokolatoking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

A very large hotel with a main pool and kids pool. Not all rooms have balconies. Our room had a large double bed, a sliding door and another pulldown double bed over the sofa. It also had a kitchenette, with a microwave and a fridge, but no pans, plates or cutlery. Breakfast was also good, buffet (all you can eat for $12) or a la carte (ranging from about $8 a plate). The hotel also has a private beach which is prestine clean. Our only complaints were that it was 16km/$60 RTN from South Beach and the centre. Take the tours for about $48 pp instead which take you into town and cover all the sites. The Everglades trip is worthwhile (air boat with aligators).

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank London_Karen_G
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

The Newport Beachside Hotel is cheaper than a lot of other hotels around the area for a reason, mostly, they haven't dumped any money into updating the actual rooms since Don Johnson was the hotest thing on TV. That being said, the lobby, pool area and beach were all very nice, making this hotel much more suited to a family looking to stay on the beach but also looking to save a few bucks along the way. If you can get by the outdated rooms and spring break type crowd to enjoy a little fun in the sun, then this is the place for you, however, if you were looking to have a nice romantic getaway with your spouse or you would get upset by things like the shower drain not really working all that well, then this would certainly not be the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ZCubsFan
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

I stayed at Newport Beachside at the end of last summer and had the best time. My friends and I decided to go to Florida and stayed here. We spent a lot of our time at the pool and tiki bar. The bartender recommended a rice rocket drink, with redbull and Ty Ku sake, because I can't stand vodka, and it was pretty much my drink for the weekend! I was pleased that the employees knew what they were doing and seemed happy about their job. That being said, we weren't in the room a whole lot, but when you're on vacation you shouldn't be in the room that much anyways!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
NYC MIA ATL HOU VEGAS CARIB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

I was in town for Art Basel Miami Beach and my own company's business meeting; it was the first meeting of our Miami chapter. One of the chapter organizers found Kitchen 305 through an acquaintance in New York, so I was excited about the possibilities.

Since I flew into Ft Lauderdale, it was actually an easy drive (15 minutes or so) to Sunny Isles, which isn't far from South Beach-where I spent the rest of my weekend. Kitchen 305 is an upscale and classy enough restaurant with low lighting and an almost clubby atmosphere (minus the flashing lights). Good music for my group when we arrived!

The staff at Kitchen 305 was great; management cordial and although they got a couple of orders wrong AND charged me twice for the same thing (I wasn't going to mention it but this is a review!) the drinks were fantastic! I asked the waiter to recommend something and it was light, fruity and easy on my accompanying fries (I was preparing for a night on the town).

During the course of my evening, one of our Miami chapter organizers showed me the hotel (I took pictures!), the pool area and some of the conference rooms. Maybe it was the excitement of the moment but I am DEFINITELY going to be giving them some more business in the immediate future. In fact, I am already discussing an annual conference with one of the hotel's sales managers!

I love the hotel; it was airy (super high ceilings), and atmospheric. The staff was pleasant and the patrons seemed happy about being there as I was. The pool out back was inviting, but there were a few families and their children taking a late night swim. I can imagine the place being busy during the day. The conference rooms were spread out in various areas....some parts were closed off but it WAS an informal tour by one of my group organizers so I am sure if we had full access we would have REALLY enjoyed the wow factor more.
I didn't stay in the rooms and the desk manager I spoke with seemed to find it odd that I wanted to see the rooms for a future event. Why would that be so odd? A young lady who worked at the front desk said to check out the website and smiled. I suppose being there was something of a disadvantage.

Overall, I rate the entire experience four out of five stars. It will be five when I stay in one of their rooms (I hope). Location by the way is 4/5 because I prefer to be in South Beach, but the Collins Ave/A1A bus gets you to the beach in a scenic 45min-1 hour. Not any worse than NYC transportation! I'll definitely be back...with about 1-200 of my friends. Literally. :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
North East
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

This is the second time staying at the Newport. The location is amazing, you have to love the tiki bar on the pier. That being said, the room was just plain dirty. Mold growing over the shower heat (appeared to be caused by a leak from the bathroom above) and also by the A/C vent in the entry way. The clock in the master bedroom (if you dare call it that) was not plugged in and I wish I had not moved the bed to plug it in. I could have planted a garden back there. Overall the maintenance was not any better than the housekeeping.
We made 2 calls over 90 min to get the mold cleaned, they did show up a little after 10pm and could not reach it. The people at the front desk were no help, I don’t think they cared at all. Finally got to talk to the assistant manager who gave us tickets to the breakfast buffet and said we could change rooms the next day. Around 10:30 the manager called the room, apologized and comped the room. So overall we did get free room and board for a night. But without a major overhaul we don’t plan on staying there again.
Be warned, not all 2BR bedroom units are the same. We got put in a 2BR unit for 6 people with only one bathroom. These units used to be 1BR and have been converted to 2BR at some point. Makes for cramped living quarters as evident by having a lone 2 person love seat in the living room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

as with everyone else this was a wonderful location and the lobby is beautiful-the rooms are outdated ours had a cracked window on the balcony that over looked the roof top and the "suite" was a bed with a rollout loveseat that the mattress sank in the middle-they charge for the tiki huts every day that should go with the price of the room so they are hardly used-on check out they added $60 to my bill for valet which i didnt even have a car i flew in and when i called to complain about the charge on my charge card before i checked in the day before and the day i checked in it took 2 days of me calling and leaving a message for Michelle Theodore and finally catching her at her desk before i got an explanation which did not make sense but was very rudly explained- the other staff was very helpful as far as consiege

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Deauville Beach Resort
#166 of 207 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,549 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,093 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!