My girlfriends and I booked a 3 night stay at Newport Beachside in June 2014 for my friend's bachelorette. We booked it as a package with airfare from Toronto for a really good price, but we actually had another place to stay in south beach, which is where we ended up spending most of the time...
When we arrived at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby. Very cute, nice seating and fans, cute bird cages too. But that's where the love ended. The elevators to the rooms were extremely slow! One was out of order or at least it was stuck on the 7th floor the whole night. When we finally got up to our room, it was NOT the "suite" the package said it would be. There was no separate sitting area, just 2 beds, a desk, a tiny little bar with a microwave, and a bathroom. Long story short, we got out of there quickly and were glad we had somewhere else to stay.
We did come back to the hotel at the end of the trip for our final night. Valet parking was not terribly expensive so we were happy to do it for the one night (although any longer would get pricey). We went back to our room begrudgingly and all wanted to take showers. First one in, water pressure was horrible, bathtub was nasty and the shower flooded the entire bathroom!
On top of that they didn't even give us enough towels so we had to get house keeping and maintenance up to our room at 10PM at night. That was a good thing though, they were fairly quick to get someone up to us so there's a plus.
The beds were comfy, but there were just little details that were very unappealing to the eye (weird cut outs in the headboard for the electrical cords, ugly bathroom tiles that were mismatched, etc.).
The saving grace for the hotel was the beach. The beach was absolutely lovely! We went down the next morning before our flight, just to catch some rays and it was perfect. The guys that help you with the chairs were great and the beach was nice and close! The pool...not as nice. Bird poop everywhere, not very clean water. I realize this cannot always be helped so I don't have unrealistic expectations, but I have been to other hotels by a beach that do not have this problem.
All in all, perhaps if we were given another room, this review would be a 4 out of 5, rather than a 3. I didn't give it a 2 because it really it's a dump or a horrible place, it just needs a rouge! If you're thinking of staying here, just don't expect anything of grandeur. And maybe ask for another room if you don't like the one you have (we definitely would have done so if we were staying there for our whole trip).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach