“Nice stay, near Aventura Mall”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Breakfast is very poor, it has parking but valet parking is too lazy. You could be waiting your car 20 minutes at the hotel entrance. It's better to park in the parking at the other side of the street.

Room Tip: Never accept main floor rooms. Our room was next to the dumpster. Every night we have to hear the no...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,627)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

arrived at this hotel at midday which was early for check-in,but that was no problem,a guy at the front desk (billy) not only did my check-in but sorted out a room that was ready and also an upgrade,which i have to say was amazing,one of the best i have stayed in in any hotel.
the hotel is right on the beach,loungers are free(not like some places in miami) and really no need to leave as theres a poolside bar with food and drink allday.over the road is a shopping centre with countless bars and places to eat so for location this is a top hotel.
could not fault the hotel or the staff that i encountered and would defiantly stay again,thanks for service! colin uk

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ukcolin
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed one during a very busy week (4th of July). Due to late travel arrangements, we arrived and had a very late check in (11:30pm). The front desk agent was very busy managing multiple guests requests by herself. She was friendly even though she was dealing with some belligerent guests just before us.

Our room was an ocean view and well worth the upgrade. Waking up to the sunrise and the gorgeous beach and blue water was so relaxing after arriving in the dark the night before. The room was VERY clean (considering it was an older property) and supplied with ample towels and amenities. The bedding was comfortable and clean as well.

The lobby did seem a bit chaotic, but should be expected at a moderate priced, family resort, during a holiday week. This is a great hotel for a family getaway. I wouldn't suggest it for a quiet romantic place, as the hotel is geared more towards group fun and entertainment.

Overall we were impressed and would recommend it to a friend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean or pool view for a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tyler P
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is terrible. It looks nothing like the website. Even the renovated rooms are shabby. If you go to do the promotion for the time share it isn't even worth the $45.00 a night. The lobby and the beachside is the best part of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Krystil B
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have to say that I found the staff to be the highlight of this hotel. Bryonna at the front desk was wonderful, Cedric our bellman was very personable. The valets all were friendly. Upon check in I was told that the oceanfront room I'd booked wasn't available until the next night. That I'd be in one of the older rooms for one night and then swapped to the renovated oceanfront I'd booked. I was obviously a bit disappointed, but it was more then made up for with free valet parking for my 3 day stay and also free breakfast for all three mornings - and a bottle of champagne was a great touch as well. The first room was a bit dated, but was clean and comfortable. The second room was a bit more modern and I really did enjoy my view. The main reason I booked this hotel was the playground on the beach - my daughter really enjoyed that!

There were a few annoyances. There was a huge party one day while we were there - well we didn't know and wanted to go out. There was a HUGE line to get my car. It took quite a while and while they did say they would move me to the front of the lines as I was a hotel guest that didn't do much good. I wish there had been a notice posted that said there will be a party at x time so please note that there will be long lines between certain hours so you can plan accordingly. I also felt that the pool area was massively over crowded and the water way too hot. (and I live in the Caribbean - and we have much cooler pools..lol) We enjoyed our breakfast but felt that if we were there for more then 3 days that the menu would get old fast. I also was bummed that the internet didn't seem to work in the room.

The place was at capacity and with World Cup fever going strong there was lots of noise and excitement - there were times when the noise level was high and you could really hear it all through the walls.

The location was great and the beach access really wonderful. The guys that rent the beach umbrellas were helpful and the jet ski rentals were easy to access and lots of fun for the whole family.

I'd go back there again - and hope for a bit less busy weekend but all in all a nice visit. The willingness to make up for room error truly went above and beyond. It is a reasonably priced resort in a great location with nice amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MyislandsTours
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Resort itself is nice. Not enough staff on hand for check in/out, resulting in long waits. Rooms were clean. We had a King city-view. We had brunch one morning that was not very good. We didn't eat at any of the other hotel restaurants. Valet was pretty fast even with the hotel being sold out during our stay. Overall I would recommend this location and would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Nicely located for travel to other attractions in Miami area
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K D
Reviewed June 28, 2014

When we got to the hotel, it was very late at night. When we checked in we were notified that our rooms were flooded. It was 1am and we were tired, and they were sending us to another hotel for the night. Newport Beachside paid for the other hotel, however, DID NOT give us enough money and we ended up paying the difference out of pocket. Not to mention we had to pay ANOTHER resort fee and deposit! It was outrageous, and very unprofessional. The next morning when we went back to Newport Beachside our room was still not ready. We didn't end up getting a room until after 2pm!! The room was nice, and averagely clean except it was a bit crowded due to the weird setup. Only one room remained cold, the AC didn't reach the other room for some strange reason. I think the worst thing was the hotel has cockroaches!! They were in the lobby, in the hotel restaurant and yes IN OUR ROOMS!!!!!!! House keeping only came to our room once, and we didn't get new towels, even when we asked. The staff is friendly but not very hospitable. The hotel was a complete let down. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Re...
#7 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!