Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
$119
ResidenceInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$97
$125
  • Pool
Best Holiday Suites(Sunny Isles Beach)
$159
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
$218
$203
  • Beachfront
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$550
$500
Orbitz.com
3,785 results
All reviewsmichelle theodulemurphy bedall you can eatsouth beachsunny islesocean viewprivate beachpool siderental cargreat beachhutstikipoolsidebalconiescvsftlauderdale
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a physician and my wife is a business owner; we were in Miami for a professional conference. We used Priceline, the option where you pick three star and North Miami Beach location-- and they put us here at Newport. I now have a call in to Priceline demanding that they remove Newport. Here is the sequence of events for our three-day stay: (1) we arrive at midnight Thursday night and the desk clerk says our room is not available due to flooding on the 5th floor; in compensation, they say we can stay down the road at the Ramada-- a similar quality hotel for the same rate we paid (equal exchange; the two hotels have this arrangement in such cases); (2) incredibly, the clerk says we can just walk down to the Ramada. On further questioning, she then states it is ~ a mile away. We insist on some cab fare and she gives us 30 bucks out of their petty cash drawer; (3) We get to Ramada and they know the drill-- this seems to happen often. This hotel is in similar dis-repair as the Newport, only to a more severe degree. Incredibly, at Ramada, they tried to charge us for their resort fee. The room was filthy, but at 1 in the morning and an exit back to Newport in the morning, we acquiesced. (4) Next day, we get our room at Newport. The room was not as ordered (wrong bed arrangement, less of a view than we had paid for). So, we get another room, and incredibly it is on the 5th floor, where of course we see no sign of water damage. The windows are 1970 variety and you can barely see out because they have not been cleaned in several years. (5) We made the mistake of breakfast at Newport the next day; sweet girls staffing the place, but the coffee was 1/4 strength and the food definitely mass produced with no taste. I felt sorry for the staff, because they try hard but were serving a deficient product. (6) The lobby is a virtual zoo-- indeed, with a couple of bird cages. Kids love that, I guess, and there were lots and lots of those running around; I like kids, had three of my own, so that was not the problem. Problem was too many people and noise in the lobby. (7) Unfortunately, the last night of the stay, we had made arrangements for my son to stay in a separate room just for that one night-- a room that we also got on Priceline. Incredibly, when he checks in, they tell him that he will have to stay at, you guessed it, the Ramada; before they could fabricate a reason this time, we lit into the staff pretty seriously given our Ramada experience the previous evening. With a little pressure like this, it was amazing how a great room just opened up, within seconds of them ready to send another couple down the street to a true dump. The ethics of this business are at an extreme low; in fact, again, I feel somewhat sorry for the employees as they generally seem like hard-working people who want to do a good job-- but obviously are forced to practice in a way that optimizes the hotel profits. As we talked to more of the workers in a friendly tone, it was incredible how sorry they were, how this stuff happens "all the time".

So, please stay somewhere else. The location is good, but the filthy rooms, the insufficient elevator capacity that others have commented on (I always took the stairs the five flights, even with luggage because I did not want to waste 10-15 minutes), and the unethical business practice that I observed indicates this place is not worth the chance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
20  Thank DoctorDuplicate
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at this nice hotel for a wedding, with my whole family. The service was very nice, the rooms are large and the location is impossible to beat. However, I am sensitive to bug bites and the first morning I woke up with five large bite marks on my chest. The front desk took my complaint very seriously, upgraded us and we moved rooms. Which tells me they are a good hotel and they have received this complaint before. The second morning I was fine. Then on the third morning I woke up with six or seven small red bite marks on my ankles and legs. My husband never gets bug bites, so he was not bit nor could we corroborate: was it bed bugs? The manager thought the common sand flea was to blame. Impossible to know, but glad we are checking out today and we will be taking the necessry precautions to wash our clothes before dumping them into our laundry pile!

• Stayed: February 2014
9  Thank BusterKeaton1
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in early January 2014. The lobby is amazing and miami action all around. Paradise ended when you got to your room…or is should say getting to your room. We were on the 9th floor and there was always one elevator out of service. checking in took 20 minutes to get up stairs. We started using the stairs instead of waiting. I stopped counting after my 10th trip up the stairs. When they fix the elevators and bring the rooms out of the 70's…it may be worth the money. The couch in the room was ripped and dirty.
On the good side, location is great. Help was great. Food was great.
If they renovate the rooms, we may come back

3  Thank brian b
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for 1 day and night before getting our cruise . We arrived early afternoon and ourban rooms weren't ready. That was no problem though our cases were taken care of and we sat out on the lovely terrace looking out to sea and enjoying a drink or two. We then had a walk out on to the pier for which there was a small charge, but a member of the hotel staff came along and said because our room was not ready we did not have to pay ( what good service) . When we got to the rooms . They were lovely rooms big comfy beds and all the facilities you couple.d want. We were situated near some good bars and restaurants. Perfect place for a shot stay and a place we would like to return to for a longer holiday.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from january 18th to january 25th 2014 , i traveled with my wife and my bay girl, At first my hotel experience was awful, i arrived very late on saturady night, and although i have sent an email telling them that i need it a crib for my room (charlie) the person to answered me, told me to ask for it when arriving at the hotel. what was my surprise that when I check in house keeping was closed an no one could give me a crib and they did not had any records of me asking for it in advanced. The Lady who was at the front desk very rude did not help me at all and di not give any apologies she then give me the loudest room that i have ever been to. it was a room for incapacity people, the bathroom was old , the tv set was 15 years old. awful, the next morning i went to the fornt desk to complain , and mrs ROSSIE treat me like a real customer and give me an apologize and change my room from the 4th floor to the first giving me room 207, Thanks Rossie you made my stayed a very pleasant one. ask for rooms in the first floor.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the first floor, room 207 is a very pleasant room with no noise at all and very near the pool door.
4  Thank jaime p