“ok for few days stopover.”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
swansea
“ok for few days stopover.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights prior to a carnival carribean cruise.The receptionist was a very pleasant young gentleman,who gave us a drink of sparkling wine as we signed in,and even toppd up our glasses.The rooms were big,clean and well furnished with fridge and microwave.The room outlook was a flat roof which had plenty of debris on it.If staying longer we would have asked for a move,but we were hardly in the room,so view was not a top priority.
Pool area was ok,although some of the poolside furniture had seen better days,as had the capets throughout hotel.We used the onsite restaurant first night typical fast food menu.Drinks we felt were pricey $10 plus tax for a small glass of white wine.There is a petrol
station opposite hotel where you could get a bottle of wine for that price.
The second night we went up road to an Argentinian restaurant and had a very good night there.The food and drink were reasonably priced and well cooked.They had a live duo and we spent a very pleasant evening singing and dancing,and it was near hotel so felt safe to venture out.I would recommend this hotel as a stopover but for longer stays not so good.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.We had included breakfast and it was good value.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I must admit I was very worried after I booked a 4 night stay at this property because of some of the reviews. Some were good and so many were bad, but for the price I decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised with the look of the lobby which was very clean and updated.
I held my breath all the while in the elevator because my boyfriend who is very picky would have made us leave right away if the room was sub par. He even thought the room was nice, though we didn't have much of a view of the ocean. They must have put us in a updated room because it was clean and very well appointed with a small fridge and microwave.
No dirty sheets or damaged carpet to speak of.
Got free breakfast buffet vouchers which consisted of typical resort fare.
The service at the Newport is another matter. The person checking us in wasn't overtly friendly. I was given wrong information by a spa employee and the spa manager needs additional training of how to resolve customer issues.
I'd stay there again, but with no expectations of good customer service. Sleep there then leave the hotel to check out Miami!

Room Tip: Ask if the room has been renovated before they place you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My first time yesterday at the seven seas spa. The ambiance was nice,but the piped in music should be more "new age" and much lower in the lounge area. It was annoying..They could do a better job supplying plushier towels and robes which were of very poor quality. My massage was with lovely Yany Diaz, who was excellent! I'd go back just for her. For me, a 50 minute massage wasn't long enough, but she did the job, and released all my tension. My second treat was a facial by Sherri Sylvia. She also was excellent. If I could I'd have these two "treats" done every single week! All in all, for the price of $135(tip incl.) it was a couple of hours well spent. On another note, I'd like to mention the All U Can Eat Lobster specials they have every Wed. night, for $38, it's my favorite place to eat lobster at the Kitchen 305 and the staff and bartenders are always very accommodating and professional and courteous. I live in Sunny Isles so to have these fabulous amenities available to me is well worth the walk over!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best. I didn't stay at the Newport because I live here,but I used...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I made a reservation about three weeks ago for my birthday weekend which was this past weekend. I get there Sunday, 11/10/13 to check in. As I am checking in the front desk girl is very nice and out of no where her expression changes and she calls one of the other front desk girls to come over. The girl helping me out then walks away and I have this other girl helping me out. I already knew from there something was wrong. She begins by telling me, "I am sorry but due to renovations your room isn't available, but for a discounted price we can get a room for you at the Sheraton in Dania Beach." I got so upset! I had driven for about an 1 hour and 30 min to get there to spend my birthday weekend with my boyfriend for me to be told my room wasn't available and I had made the reservation three weeks prior. I didn't even get a phone call from anyone in the staff to let me know about this. On top of it all the hotel they wanted to send me to was another 20 minute drive and it wasn't even on the beach! The reason I rented there was for that purpose. I tell the front desk girl to cancel the whole reservation because I wasn't going to pay to stay at a hotel I didn't rent at. She doesn't offer me anything just says sorry and that's about it. When I asked her why I didn't get a call she didn't even know how to respond to that and tells me that 30 other guest will be getting the same news when they arrive. So unprofessional. Since she didn't offer me anything me and my boyfriend then ask to speak to a manager. He offered us free lunch, one alcoholic drink, two virgin drinks, a tiki hut and free parking for the inconvenience. I appreciate that he had offered us all that but I would have preferred my room as planned or a free night stay for another day. Having to drive back home for another 1 hour and 30 min was very tiring. There was a wedding reception going on the day we checked in I don't know if it had anything to do with that. This is me assuming, because it did not seem like any type of renovations was going on. So word of advice if you are making a reservation here make sure you call the day before or the day off to make sure your room will be available and the persons name that tells you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MGTAYLOR
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel and I was uncomfortable the entire time.
I had booked a partial ocean view...we could see the ocean if we hung and stretched out over the balcony we basically got a view of the car lot.
The first night we were there we pulled out the couch for the kids and there were brown smudges all over the blanket and sheet. My husband went down stairs to complain the girl at the front desk said she would send someone up to change the sheets..an hour later when no one had come up my husband went yet again to the front desk and complained once again. 45 minutes later someone showed up. In this time we had a good look at the room there was pee on the toilet seat soap scum on ledge of bathtub and no bath towels. Not a very good first impression.
The beds were made daily but room was never wiped down and towels were never replaced had to go down every night to request towels.
The staff were perfectly friendly but useless when it came to customer service.
Too many guests and NOT enough staff.
Halls, lobby elevators exterior all need an updating and a proper cleaning.
The saving grace of this hotel is the pool and beach. But beware they will nickel and dime you for everything. If you want to get a cabana at the beach it is going to cost you.
We did tell the front desk
If I had known then what I know now I would have paid the extra 50 bucks a night and stayed somewhere nicer!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 979jenniferl
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2013

You will not be disappointed staying at the Newport Beachside Hotel. My family and I have been staying here for years and have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel is always making improvements and provides its guest with attention and respect.
The front desk is pleasant, respectful and attentive to your needs. The front desk manager, Michelle T. is always available if you should need.The Lobby is beautiful and well maintained. The coffee shop, gift shop and small boutiques allow you to indulge without leaving the hotel. The poolside is well kept and towel service is provided. Access to the beach is effortless. Cabana's and beach chairs are available throughout the day. The beach area is quiet and well maintained. Overall, a lovely, enjoyable experience on the beach,close to dining and shopping. A perfect vacation spot!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy L
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I loved everything about my stay. From day one I had good service and the best view from my room. The lobster dinner was one off the best I have tasted with a great price . The Front desk was one of the best that I have dealt they were very pilot and helpful. I will soon come again A+++. Deserve 5 stars .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
The Confidante
The Confidante
#34 of 208 in Miami Beach
Deauville Beach Resort
Deauville Beach Resort
#169 of 208 in Miami Beach
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Re...
#7 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!