I've stayed in several hotels on Collins - Miami and I must say Newport is the best so far.
The staff at front desk where very accommodating, there was 6 girls and 2 rooms and one group wanted a smoking room (which they don’t have) but they were nice enough to give us a room with a balcony. The rooms are slowly be modernized it seems like they started from the bottom up, one group of us stayed on the sixth floor and it was upgrade, beautiful, clean, it was like one bedroom condo style. The other room was on the 8th floor and well let’s just say they haven’t gotten pass the seventh floor, I guess that's what happens when you ask for a smoking room...hehe!
During our stay we had an issue with our room and they allowed us to stay in the model suite on the first floor of the hotel as the hotel was fully booked (Columbus Day long weekend).
Wednesday & Friday nights are ladies night, which means all you can drink :) We took full advantage of the hotels facilities. The only down fall with the hotel is the extra fees, they charge an $18 plus tax per day resort fee, $20 daily for velvet parking or $15 per day for self parking (across the street), you get no meals with the resort fees and the resort is opened to outsiders and they are not charged a fee.
Since the hotel does not charge outsiders to use the pool/beach, I think the resort fees should be including in the daily rate of the hotel per night this way it doesn’t look like we are paying for outsiders. Overall I had a great experience and I will be returning to Newport beachside Resort & Spa.
The hotel is in a really good location(163 & Collins), there are RK Plaza's across the street, iHop, McD, Starbucks, and more. Hey Newport, can you include an continental breakfast???? Thank you for the great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HRS, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach