We were stalked by a marketing rep from The Newport
Beachside Resort at the home show in Miami Beach. We paid $99.00 for a package, which required attendance at a sales presentation. We received free spa days, lobster dinner at Kitchen 305. So we more than tripled our investment. Then we were able to book a long weekend over Labor Day weekend 2013. The valet parking is $21 per day. Self parking is $15 dollars per day, but they didn't offer the self parking voucher on check in. The line to check in was a 15-20 minute wait. (I never have to wait to check in with Hilton Honors.) Upon check in, Cedric offered superior bell man service with champagne. Because we bought a promotional package, we were put in a unit without a balcony with a view of A1A and u could see the ocean if you walk all the way to the north side of the window and look right. We tried to upgrade for $50 per night, but there were no ocean view rooms available. This is a resort which was a hotel conversion, so the majority of the rooms are still hotel room size. Although it was presented to us as a time share, but this is not comparable to any of the time shares we have previously visited. We were sold a "one bedroom" unit, but the actual unit is a hotel room size and the unit was an efficiency with a queen bed, a couch which pulls out to a bed. There is no kitchen, only a microwave and small refrigerator. No coffee maker in the room to speak of. There is an ironing board and iron, but the iron ruined a dress when I pushed the steam button and gunk poured out of the iron. There is no washer/dryer in the unit, which is pretty much standard in all time share units. There were no dishes, silverware or other in room amenities. The first sign if poor maintenance was the carpet in the hallway was warped, had huge areas where it was not stretched or nailed down. The unit dies have a nice jacuzzi, but the tub is difficult to operate and there were numerous large chips out if the tub. The entire hotel is non- smoking, so if u want a cigarette u have to go downstairs and outside. The pool is open til 10:30 pm, but there are no towels available at night. The large jacuzzi by the pool was shut down and roped off. No sign or anything. The pool was not crowded in the early evening, but during the day it's packed with unsupervised children making it miserable for adults seeking tranquility. There is a spa, but it does not compare with any of the spas I have ever been to (scuzzy, cheaply decorated, bad locker room set up, etc). We were required to attend a 90 minute presentation for Century Holidays, which extended into 2 1/2 hours, with no food being served except popcorn and lemonade. I almost passed out from low blood sugar. We told the salesperson that we were not going to buy straight out. But, he still kept us basically hostage for 2 1/2 hours, from 11 to 1:30. This property does not compare to the HGVC equivalent in South Beach! (And the South Beach HGVC is a couple of small Art Deco hotels hooked together. ). There is entertainment nightly in the Kitchen 305, with free drinks for ladies. There are excellent eateries within walking distance
And a CVS, Marshall's, Einstein's Bagels and more. There are nice shops in the lobby, including a jewelry store with $5.00 specials. There was a nice couture sale in the lobby near the Kitchen 305, but nothing I could not obtain in any thrift shop in Miami-Dade County. There is free wi fi in the resort, but I would not purchase a unit in this resort even if it was super cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach