WINNER WONDERLAND

“overall a great place to stay!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
tybee island
“overall a great place to stay!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and i really enjoyed our recent stay at newport beachside! I have visited the area a number of times, but since i was bringing my family i decided i wanted nicer accommodations than i had used previously. I had passed the property many times as i walked on the beach, even stopping for a drink at the poolside bar. I have to admit that I booked the room with some anxiety after reading some of the reviews posted on this site.There are many positive but some very negative reviews, well i am happy to say that our stay was very enjoyable! From the moment we pulled up, a valet met us with a helpful hand with our luggage, to the front desk where they seemed very happy to greet and check us in. The room was very nice with 3 flat screen tv's, frig, microwave, and very user friendly safe. The room was a 1 bedroom suite facing the pool.Beds were comfortable and the balcony was a great place to sit and relax. The only thing that was maybe negative was the wait for an elevator, but this was not that big a deal, i mean there were 4 elevators and the traffic was really only heavy early morning.plus when you are on vacation why sweat the small stuff! The price was reasonable, pool was nice, and the staff on the beach very attentive!! Checkout went smooth and the valet who i only spoke to when he carried our bags up remembered where we were visiting from and was very helpful with taking our bags to the car (we were traveling with a 3 mth old) so this was much appreciated. Don't let the negative reviews dissuade, if you want to pay crazy prices the trump tower is located nearby! Newport Beachside is a very nice property and a great place to bring the family!!

Room Tip: we loved our 1 bedroom suite with the pool view!
3 Thank thor1962

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here again and everytime it gets better and better the service the staff the food and lets not forget the drinks one of the best bartender Rhonda out be the pool bar what a gal.....over all great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Nissmax
North Bergen, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been going to Sunny Isles for many years as my family lives in the area. I had been told that the Newport Beachside Resort had been remodeled and for our next trip, which was for a family wedding, we should all stay there instead of someone's home or in Coral Gables, where the wedding was held.

My brother, my parents and I each booked a room for three nights. We noticed a huge difference between each room. I booked a standard room and my brother and my parents each booked a one bedroom suite. First, as we were checking in, the front desk staff could care less that their job should involve customer service. They didn't try to be cordial or friendly. The bellhop should have been the person who checked us in based on his positive and helpful attitude. When we arrived at our room we encountered a moldy smell, a dirty-looking tub, and old box television, a couch that you sunk down in, etc. I wasn't comfortable leaving anything anywhere because everything just looked and felt disgusting. That night when I visited my brother's room I realized I was in a palace. His room had not seen any renovations since probably the 1980s or before. He had tiled counters with fish, shells, and other ocean pictures on them. The tiles were broken and his microwave and mini-fridge (like ours) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in at least a decade. His room smelled worse than ours did. My parents wound up with an executive suite on the third floor. Their room had been remodeled. They had two flat screen TVs, a new and clean kitchen area, a couch you could sit on and a clean bathroom. We are all very confused as to why there was such a difference in the rooms. When we complained, they offered to move us, but judging by the previous comments here, we figured it wasn't a good idea, so they gave us free breakfast.

There are sales people all over the place here and they likely bring in people who aren't staying at the hotel, so this might explain the very busy lobby and long lines for the elevators. The elevators were terrible. They took extremely long to arrive and I walked up and down from my room on the 8th floor several times after getting frustrated with the wait time. The valet was also was unpredictable. One time the valet took so long to get our car that I showered and dried my hair and made it downstairs before my family left! The front desk never gave us towel cards until one of us went to the beach and had to figure out why we couldn't get towels.

The day we arrived we had to get ready for the rehearsal dinner and when we needed to iron, we realized there was no iron or ironing board. I called right away and asked for them and I was told they'd get it to me right away. A half hour passed and still nothing. I called back and the woman who answered "couldn't believe it" and they sent the iron 10 minutes later. My fiancé had to remind them that we needed an ironing board too. When tried to start ironing, the iron didn't work, and as many people here have mentioned, a manager was nowhere to be found. We had another housekeeping issue when we had to get ready for the wedding, and even though the housekeeping staff was on our floor at 9AM when we left the hotel for breakfast, they didn't clean our room. They chose to clean it at 3:30PM, when my fiancé was in the shower and we needed to leave.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is hard to determine what type of room you will receive (we all booked through different sites, none of us booked directly with the hotel) and the service is poor and unpredictable.

Room Tip: If you get a bad room, be sure to complain. The staff seems to be used to this and they expect you...
4 Thank Lucy812
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Booked a 10 day stay with a high ocean front room and a king size bed, and recieved a main floor ocean front room with a queen size bed.
So, I did not sleep well.

The hotel in my opinion was only interested in selling timeshare and guests were not a priority. Sales people were constantly all around, so it took away, from being a holiday atmosphere.

Beach was great but the condo blocks the sun in the afternoon. Did have trouble getting lounge chairs.

Pool did not always have towels said they were having problems with the laundry machine. Hot tub by pool was broken and the Men's room
floor was flooded with 6 inches of water.

Was given a $100.00 voucher for the Dining room 305, and was told by the front desk, that it was good and it could be used by my son.
My son payed to valet park his car and brought his girlfriend to go out for dinner, which they did not honour. That was just...not acceptable.

95% of the guests at the Hotel only spoke Spanish.

On the positive side it does have a great location and the hotel rate is reasonable. Andrew at the
beach hut was great.

I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 203 newly renovated, great view and not elevator. Easy access to pool and ocean. On...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary G
Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent 2 weeks here in February and as always were very pleased with everything. A special thanks to Michelle Theodule for making our stay so much fun. Would also like to thank Nichole at the front desk and Rodney for all their help. We spend 2 weeks here every February for the last 10 or more years and would recommend it for a great vacation. Once again thanks to everyone for all their help. You will not be disappointed. Marie and Rich Voyton

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed 6 nights the first week of March. I booked this mostly for the location and that was great. What you get for the price is really good, it seems to be the only hotel on the strip that walks right out to the beach and has a pool by the beach. The cleanliness was ok.. maids do the bare minimum to your room when they clean it. The hotel overall is old and a bit run down. We had to switch rooms because our first one had broken lamps and drawers. The most disappointing thing for me was the hotel staff. I don't think I saw a smile from anyone that works there (excluding restaurants) the whole time. The front desk staff especially act like they don't care about you at all. I've never been treated so poorly at a hotel, especially a "resort". Maybe because I booked on Expedia and didn't pay full price?

There's a jewellery store in the lobby and after browsing in there for 5 minutes with my boyfriend while the lady working watched us the whole time we left. I saw her a few mins later in the coffee shops next door and she goes "Excuse me, did you happen to pick up a ring? I'm missing one". I said "No, but thanks for accusing me of stealing on my vacation b****"!! If you ask to speak to the manager they'll say the manager is not available and refer you to a supervisor (nice customer service)!! I told her about my run in with the crazy lady in the jewellery store and they did nothing about it. Unless you want to buy a timeshare they don't have the time of day for you.

On the upside the hotel restaurant has all you can eat lobster on Wednesday's which is amazing but you have to make a reservation

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the full ocean view room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E J
Northridge, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Arrived at this hotel around 11:30pm Friday Night for three nights of a stay. We were greeted by a very friendly Valet, who took our bags to the front desk so we could check in. We made our way to the room at around 12:30am. Using the plastic key card to open the door, we slid it in the slot, the door opened and the security lock was engaged. To our horror the room was already occupied by someone else who was sleeping. Enraged, we go back to the front desk, and they give us another room and have security escort us to it just in case someone was in this room too. On Sunday, we go to the front desk to get special cards to use to get towels for the pool, and the Front Desk person, says, "by the way we need to move you to another room, because the one your in is a timeshare, and the owners are coming to use it." Why didn't they tell us this before? Why would they put is in a room that we would have to leave midway through our trip? They couldn't even answer that. So we go back to our room, pack up our clothes the best we could to just move down the hall leave that room to go to the new room and come to find we can't get in! We are stranded in the hallway with all of our stuff. Luckily a maid was able to let us in and we had to call downstairs to have new keys sent up. The bellhop that sent up the keys listened to our story and sent a manager up. I talked to him and he was going to upgrade our room for our troubles but said the room was not ready yet and that we could stay in this room for now since we had to be ready for a wedding in 3 hours from that time. I went downstairs to relax at the beach due to all this stress and my daughter took a shower to begin getting ready. Immediately after getting out of the shower the door starts to open. My daughter just assumed it was me but low and behold a man and his wife were entering the room! They said this is their room and that they had just checked in. Appauled by yet another incident we called for the manager again and got moved to our new and final room.

There were 3 elevators and 12 floors. It seemed that only one elevator would work at a time and have hoards of people constantly waiting on each floor to get on one. Many people would get fed up, including ourselves, and walk up and down 9 flights of stairs just to make it on time somewhere. The hotel was old and not updated. The only nice thing this hotel had to offer was the beautiful beach and the view of the beach. Other than that, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. EVER.

This trip was a nightmare. Having our privacy violated multiple times let alone they sent us to violate someone elses will haunt us forever.

Room Tip: Dont Book a Room Here !!!
5 Thank TM612northridge
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,609 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Deauville Beach Resort
Deauville Beach Resort
#160 of 202 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,343 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!