We booked our room in January for a February stay. The website shows a nicely updated room with flat panel tvs and new furnishings. 1984 threw up all over our room. Tiled counters, light colored outdated furniture, full wall mirrors on every wall and very old very small tube tvs that didn't have the best reception. Wifi did not work in our room and sometimes worked in the pool area. We were in the 11th floor with a balcony on the beach and the view was excellent. Our room while outdated, was clean and the housekeeping staff were friendly and did a good job.
Don't bother talking to the concierge- they push timeshares every chance they get which is annoying. The gift shop has a nice assortment of items and decent prices. The tiki bar had average drink prices, with a drink special every day. The food was very good as well. You can get beach and poolside service as well which we used.
You have to pay $15 a day for parking across a very busy street or $20 a day for valet service.
The Starbucks down the road is great and so is the Einsteins bagels. The hotel coffee shop sell Starbucks- it's just brewed hot coffee so we preferred to go down the street to get the real thing. There is a restaurant alled Tony Roma's a couple blocks north of the resort that is very good and I highly recommend their Cadillac Margarita-possibly the best I've ever had!
The pool is super warm but as previously stated the sun goes down early and it gets chilly around noon. The beach also loses sun around 330 in the afternoon from the buildings shadows. The beach is groomed every day and kept very clean. You can rent IMO an overpriced jet ski on the beach as well as your own tiki hut. Everyone has free use of lounge chairs on the beach which is nice.
If you drive north to Hollywood there is a great boardwalk with some nice bar/ restaurants and shops that are family friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach