Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
3,722 results
All reviewsmichelle theodulemurphy bedall you can eatsouth beachsunny islesocean viewprivate beachpool sidegreat beachhutstikipoolsidebalconiescvsftlauderdale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had reservations that were pre-paid to stay at Newport Beachside Resort in August for Friday and Saturday night for a Bachelor party. The front desk said rooms were unavailable for us and refused to give us other rooms or even another hotel in Miami and refused to offer us a refund. We were literally stuck in Miami without lodging. After 3 hours being told to sit and wait we were offered rooms (not suites as we had booked) at a hotel just up the road. This hotel that was "just up the road” was in Fort Lauderdale; well it took us and hour to drive there. People flying into Miami airport had to take cabs there. We were not reimbursed for anything nor were employees even polite. We then had to check out of the hotel in Fort Lauderdale at 11am to taxi it back to Newport Beachside the next morning only to have to wait until 3pm to check in to our suites that were available for Saturday but weren't for Friday. Dozens of calls to management there along with emails go unanswered. I would never stay at this place again and strongly encourage others to not consider it. Maybe you will have an ok experience but trust me when I tell you that you are at risk of a having a true nightmare for a vacation.

Room Tip: It's very difficult if you get a bad room. Managers are not accommodating and are even dishonest.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Henry_Max1975
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband & I took advantage of a groupon and spent a lovely weekend here. Being former owners of timeshares we noticed they were pitching, but no one bothered us. The staff was extremely helpful and Kitchen 305 corrected an overdone steak. Both of us utilized the spa on site and left relaxed and refreshed. The beach was awesome and the pool was great The oceanfront suite had beautiful views of the pool and beach.

1  Thank lynshaw
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in October, 2012. I was expecting a nicer place from the photos on the website so I was disappointed. The view is spectacular and the location very convenient, but the hotel is tired and the rooms are quite shabby + outdated - we noticed they are in the process of refurbishing but unfortunately, we did not get one of the rehabbed ocean front rooms. Staff was friendly and professional, the food was ok. Wait until they finish the remodel and ask for a newly rennovated room!
They must do great marketing to Europe and S. America because the place was packed for the last week of October.

Room Tip: ask for an oceanfront or pool view!
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Don't get me wrong the stay (Oct 30 to Nov 1, 2012) wasn't that bad but the timeshare scamming just ruined it for us. My newlywed wife and I received a Groupon voucher for a two night stay to the Newport as a wedding gift. We decided to use it since we did not have any plans for a honeymoon. I booked the stay. I received the confirmation via email. On the confirmation it said this:
“Upon arriving in Miami you must go directly to the VIP Welcome Center. You will receive your Hotel Voucher and date and time of your 90 minute resort presentation. You will not be able to check-in at your confirmed hotel without the hotel Voucher."
I found this a little odd so looked up what this presentation would be, I found numerous reports and reviews’ online saying it was a timeshare scam. I didn't want to pass on a virtually free trip, so the wife and I took the trip.
We arrived and I showed the clerk our confirmation, they pointed us to the Concierge's desk. The Concierge directed us to the Welcome Center on the 3rd floor. We went up and found a small office with the word Welcome in many different languages spelled out on the outside. The women inside the office said we were in the correct place. We sat and waited to be helped and noticed a very shady office directly across from the welcome center named "The Apollo Room". It was a very small room packed with about 20 cubicles each with a person speaking very aggressively to their phones. It was extremely odd to see this in a hotel. The two women scheduled our presentation in a half hour and directed us to check-in, drop our bags and go to the VIP Welcome Center.
The check-in went smooth and we dropped our bags. We had to ask where the VIP Welcome Center was, it was an unmarked glass enclosed office on the opposite side of where normal check-in was in the lobby. We entered and gave the women our info and she asked for our ID’s and a credit card from each of us and our combined yearly income. I asked why the credit cards and she says it’s like another form of ID. She wrote down each of the expiration dates of the credit cards and gave them back. We waited for a while and a Woman came and got us (she introduced herself to my wife and blatantly ignored me). She took us to the top floor and seated us in a room filled with tables (oddly my wife was going to sit across from our "assigned agent" when she stopped her and said "no, sit here" which was right next to her); each table occupied by a couple and an employee.
Long story short she noticed right away we were not in the mood for her very strange sales tactics. We were not rude to her but we were just making it easy for her to sell us the idea that we needed a yearly vacation to this hotel and or the "Tropics". She seemed very frustrated with us and kept excusing herself from the table. She finally got very upset and threatened to take our hotel vouchers away. I was shocked to hear this! I asked her if it was because we did not agree with her views on vacationing. She said no and said we were being very difficult. I said we are glad to be here and are willing to listen to her for 90 minutes like the Confirmation says. This seemed to really upset her and she left the table again. We waited and a very nice man came to our table and said we were done. He checked the 90 minute seminar off our voucher and sent us on our way. We never did find out what exactly they were trying to sale us. (Maybe she should have began her "presentation" with that).
The best thing about this place was the beach if it wasn't for the really loud unsavory music they had blasting out there.
The food at the 305 restaurant was OK. I had lobster which was extremely overcooked and the wife had prime rib which was actually pretty tasty. Fairly pricey for what it was.
The employees that did not have anything to do with the telemarketing and the time-shares were awesome, very helpful and friendly. Just stay away from the sales people.
Research This Place Before You Stay And Look Into The Timeshares Before Purchasing!

7  Thank dgen66
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is not the cheapest one at Miami Beach but it is probably within the ones with the best value. The beach side balcony room is a lovely pleasure. Even the pool side balcony room has an excellent view of the beach. The staff was very helpful when we needed to change rooms because of a water leak in the bathroom. The location is great with small stores nearby and, of course, the gorgeous beach in front.

Room Tip: The obvious choice: beach side. But the pool side can be as pleasant for less. Negotiate!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends