Trump International Beach Resort
Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Beachfront
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
$221
$107
$188
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,315 results
All reviewsplanet kidssunny islesocean viewjunior suiteacross the streetpool areakids clubaventura mallwasher and dryerturn down servicevalet parkingper daymiami areabal harbourchairs and umbrellaspool staffcollins avenue
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is now my third stay in the Oceanpoint. I am sure there are far better options, but I like the place. It gives me enough anonymity yet also feel welcome. It has a prime beach location, a small but decent pool and some jacuzzi-ish pools around the main pool. I can see that at busy tourist times the place can get crowded and staff might have difficulties satisfying guests, because the place aroudn the pool gets cramped - but then again, there's a beach which is large enough for everyone.

The hotel does need some improvements on some issues. I also saw wallpaper in the bathroom peeling off, which looked a bit cheap and dirty. The bathrooms of the suites are certainly not the best and are below the standard of the hotel. I had a bathroom with a large jacuzzi which did not make sense. I don't need a jacuzzi which takes ages (really) to fill and the sound sof the jacuzzi will certainly wake up the whole floor. The jacuzzi was not an added value but rather a nuisance. That can't be right. Also the kithchen, though large and with all amenities, is dated.

For the rest a super place with good folk.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tjp1994
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Typical high-rise hotel on Northern Miami Beach. A bit isolated from areas in Miami--So Beach, etc, so plan to stay around hotel for activities. Nice pool for lap swimming. OK spa. Food is quite good, so plan a few meals on property. The beach is clean and well appointed with chairs, towels, etc. Staff is attentive. Front desk staff is not adequate. Couldn't get my bill corrected even though I discussed at length with staff and eventually the front desk manager. Finally gave up and just paid the ~ $90 overage so I could make a flight.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iScout4U
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very pricy, exorbitant taxes and fees, but we would still go again. The rooms were nice and the staff went out of their way to make sure they were clean. If you don't put the "do not disturb" sign in your door they will come in upwards of three times a day. The pools were amazing! There is an upper and lower pool, both heated, with beautiful views and three hot tubs. The pool area service was wonderful. We especially enjoyed seeing Kolea Williams and Cheryl every day of our stay. They were especially welcoming, professional and helpful. Kolea is very hard working and really cares about making sure the pool guests are happy and enjoying their stay.
The food at the hotel was average and not worth the costs and additional fees, but there are plenty of great places nearby. We really liked El Tropico got authentic Cuban food.
Overall this is a beautiful resort with great staff, nice clean rooms and amazing pools. I really liked the design of the hotel that ensured quiet and privacy for each guest.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Gretchnl
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned today from a 6 night stay at the resort. I read a lot of mixed reviews and was a little nervous but I have to say the hotel did not disappoint in any part of our stay.

The rooms are above average and worth every penny considering the location and all the resort has to offer.

Yes, the food is expensive but what hotel is not expensive, you are paying for the experience and that in itself has a value. We dined at the pool bar, the beach restaurant( do not miss ) and had room service and all were good.

The pool is amazing ! The water is warm ( nothing worse then a resort that keeps the pool cold) and the attendants are kind and welcoming and will help with any request that you may have, in addition they keep the pool area open 24 hours, it was very nice to be able to use the hot tub after a night out! The only issue I had is having to get up early to get pool chairs, I wish hotels would only allow the number of chairs for the people present at the time of entering the pool, there were families that would take 4 or 5 chairs at 7:00 in the morning for their kids who never used them and all they did was keep their belongings on top of them, this issue is one at many resorts.

No complaints about the resort fee, internet was sufficient, got all of the daily newspapers that my husband enjoys and there is free morning coffee on the 2nd floor !!!

Each staff member we came across was friendly and helpful, you can tell that they were highly trained in customer service so hats off to the management team, your training has paid off and we will defiantly be back as soon as possible ! Thanks for a great week :)

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are well worth it !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michelle s
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is one beach in FL I find reminds me of the Caribbean ocean colors- very beautiful. Nice stay with few hiccups to be mentioned.
To start- room check in is 4pm- quite late when we disembarked cruise at 8am. No early entry... The pool is beautiful, zero entry area, waterfalls, etc. pool service was excellent with free Popsicles for the kids. The food there was excellent but pricey. (And my 3 kids split one meal). Pool chairs filled up (although we arrived early) later people were not happy to not find places to sit.
Our room was a studio ocean view. Spacious room, but large bare area btwn closet & bed. Beds extremely comfortable & towels luxurious. Kitchenette is mostly empty. 2 glasses is all I think. Kuerig single coffee, two reg coffee- so we asked housekeeping for more. We planned for roll away bed for my son- until we found out they were going to charge $35 per day! Shower was mediocre. Robes & slippers provided although we didn't use. (Marble floors are very cold in kitchenette/bathroom area).
The bathroom was huge. The scale was broken, & the hair dryer is no good (bring one). Toiletries were nice ones from the spa, but just one set in shower.

We decided to hit the store (Walgreens, CVS, & publix not too far). A milk for my 2yr old was $4. stocked up on a few beverages & snacks. We took the family to Denny's - also walking distance- for breakfast. There was a mini bar & snacks in cupboards for purchase-
We did receive a letter from the restaurant chef- 20% off & free bottle of wine- but didn't use it, thinking prob not family friendly.
The spa looks great, kids club was an option, but my kids weren't interested.
Overall, the beach & pool are beautiful, but you do pay for it. (Resort fee too)
They do offer complementary shuttles to certain places. The one we looked into only went back & forth 4 times. Didn't work for us.

Stay again? Maybe? Really beautiful water & pool. Worth it??? Not sure.

Cab ride from port w/o tip= $52