“Great views, fantastic room”

Trump International Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was here for 4 days for a company event in February 2013. I had a massive Suite that felt like it took 5 minutes to get from one side to the other. Great views over the Atlantic, especially in the morning for sunrise around 7am. Staff friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Sea View - I was in 914 and that was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JimWuerzburg
Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the Trump from Feburary 3rd to the 8th and it was just ok. We were disappointed in the accomdations as with the Trump name one would expect perfection. Beds were comfortable and rooms clean. Meals at the hotel are WAY over priced, so eat somewhere else. The concierge was not that helpful and in fact gave us mis information about the miami city/boat tour which caused problems for us that day. There were better hotels in the area that we would stay at next time. It is also important to note that this hotel reeked of Marijuana! The hallways and especially the elevators smelled really bad. We noticed that about 3 floors below us people were smoking pot off their balcony and the smoke was coming directly into our room. We will likely not stay here again if we return to the area

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor for better views and more peace and quiet
Reviewed February 12, 2013

our 40th anniversary, needed nice quiet place to unwind.very courteous and quiet place, beach area and swimming facilities are great, good with little things like, providing lemon water and setting for beach .

Room Tip: room with ocean view, great
1  Thank merapata1
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived at the resort about 20 minutes till 4:00 and was told our room was not ready ( maybe just me, but really?) so we went to the bar, had a drink and returned to check in at 4:00 and checked in. DO NOT expect to get a early check in!

Our room was so, so. I just expected more of a $500 plus room. Outdated furniture and carpet, but the bed was excellent!! Has a kitchenette, but bring plates and utensils because there aren't any. Has a stocked mini bar which is very expensive, but most are at any hotel.

I upgraded to a junior suite ( at a $60.00 charge) and was hesitant about it, because it was on the 26th floor. I wanted to have the full effect of hearing the ocean and frankly, I was apprehensive about being up so high. I am SO glad I did it!!! The view was spectacular and the sound from the ocean was awesome!!! We sat on our patio and enjoyed the beautiful scenery all evening.

I can't rate the pool or beach because we never went there, but it looked very nice.

We ordered in room dining which is high at any hotel. I had the skirt steak on top of mashed potatoes and my husband had garlic shrimp. The first bite of my steak was so salty I had to spit it out, but the rest was ok. Mediocre is all I can say about the food and the cost was $86.00. I would suggest walking to one of the many restaurants close by.

A generic letter, along with our bill was at our door which thanked us for our stay, but informed us there would be no late checkouts allowed. I had a feeling that was going to be the case!!! As I stated above, do not count on early check in or late check out.

Hum, would I stay here again? Maybe, after I checked other places out.

Room Tip: Be sure to spend the extra money for ocean view because it is spectacular!!!!
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We arrived at this hotel Feb 1, 2013 and checked out Feb 5, 2013

The property is very clean. The bed linens and towels were pristine white. The bathrooms were just okay. The sink was made of plastic and the countertop, althoug granite, it was an ugly, cheap-looking granite. The faucets were cheap-looking as well. The hairdryer took me twice the time to dry my hair as the one at home. There was a bathroom scale, but non-functioning. If it doesn't work, just remove it from the room or replace it with one that works. The balcony was nice and large with nice patio furniture. Be careful when you book a room here if you want an ocean front view. There is "Ocean view" and "Ocean front." Big difference. If you want ot wake up and easily see the ocean, get the "Ocean view." If you don't mind mostly views of the street and a view of the ocean if you stick your head out a bit, then get the "Ocean view" room. But, I would pay the extra money for the Ocean Front. The pillow-top Serta mattresses were divinely comfy :-) Each room comes with a wet bar with cabinets full of snacks, drinking glasses, wine glasses, and a Keurig coffee maker. They provide the coffee and accessories complimentary. There were two terry-cloth robes with slippers, so that was great. the foyer and bathroom floors are marble, so the slippers are very much appreciated. The decor is nice, not fantastic, but nice. the flat screen tv was pleaseantly big. The room drapes were not completely light-blocking, which would have been nice for mornings when you want to sleep in.

The pool area was very nice. the attendents were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is 30 floors up, one tower, however, there is a property next door called the "Trump Grande" which are condominums and they have access to the hotel pools and ammenities. So, although the pool deck is beautiful, I think it's a bit small for the number of rooms/people it is supposed to accomodate. Get to the pool area as early as possible for a good lounge chair. The pool water was a bit too chilly to enjoy during the winter months.For a 5 star hotel, I think they could afford to turn up the heat a bit during the wintery months. We opted to stay in one of their 3 hot tubs ("spas") to keep warm, but the chlorine content faded my swimsuit, so beware. The poolside menu was delicious and not too over-priced.

The breakfast buffet is way overpriced for what you get. None of the food super high quality nor was it organic. When you get your bill, the price of the buffet is $24, however after they add taxes, gratuity, and fees, it comes out to $30 per person. But, the servers were very friendly and the outdoor seating area was very nice. I think that $22 for the buffet, total with everything, would be a more fair price for what they are offering. The fruit, although not organic, was sweet and seasonal. If you want water, it is served in tiny glasses that are not refilled often enough.

The smell of the hotel is arromatic and lovely. The corridors of the rooms were nice but not great. The good thing was that the layout of the floors to the rooms was designed to reduce noise. Straight, long hallways tend to carry a lot of sound from the elevator, etc. But, Trump International does not have this problem. So, cudos for that :-)

Would I come back to this hotel? I might like to try a different hotel, but from looking at some of the other ones online, this is as good as it gets in Sunny Isles, Fl

Room Tip: Get the Ocean Front Room, not Ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at Trump International Beach Resort and we were well prepared before we left, so we knew exactly what to expect. We booked it on hotwire, so we knew we wouldn't have an ocean view, but we had just moved from The Viceroy downtown and had days and days of rooftop amazing views, so we were totally ok with that. The hotel is definitely out of the hustle and bustle of South Beach and more of a relaxing atmosphere which is exactly what we we wanted. We stopped at the local grocery store and bought a styrofoam cooler and some beer and a few snacks for the room. We had a rental car and were happy with this decision.

We pulled into the hotel and right away had great service. We had a quick check in, bags got up to our room immediately and we assessed the room. No view. Ok, we knew that. But I imagine the rooms that did, they were gorgeous views. Our room was spacious, clean and had a little mini fridge with a bar area on top for our snacks and drinks. The bathroom was great and we had a little balcony that overlooked the little bay water opposite of the ocean (we were the backside of the hotel).

We spent two solid days on the beach and enjoyed every single minute of it. There is a beach chair guy waiting to make you up a nice little area. Umbrellas, chairs, towels. We tipped him and each day was so helpful. We had a cooler of beers and water, but we also ordered a few drinks from them as well. Because these are condos, no one thought twice about our cooler. We did order food on the beach and it was super yummy. The beach was spotless, the water gorgeous and warm and we would for sure go back. We did not spend any time at the pool. We were there strictly for beach and it was rampant with splashing kids, so we keep this in mind.

You will need a car if you want to eat off property. A lot of really great options if you drive a little. We even went into Ft. Lauderdale one night for dinner along the boardwalk. And they have a great little gift shop that we found a few treasures for our kids.

It's a simple hotel. Not huge and expansive. Not a resort. A condo/hotel. If you know that going in, it will be a great place for you. Giving it only a Very Good as compared to Excellent only because of the pool area. If it ever popped up on Hotwire again, we would be thrilled.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kjcr1999
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very personable staff. I was traveling alone but I felt very comfortable and welcomed by the hotel staff - everywhere I went in the hotel. The pool and outdoor dining areas are comfortable an clean. I loved that my room had a view of both the ocean and the city.

Room Tip: If you need elbow room find a Junior Suite overlooking the ocean- fabulous!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Doubletree Resort & Spa by Hilton Ocean Point - North Miami Beach

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!